May I make an official Orbx request?

Jack Sawyer

I would love to see an official announcement when there’s an update to a P3D or XP product.

The only way I know is if I run Central and then look at both sims.

For example, I just happened to run Central today and saw there was an update for P3D’s Base.

I might have gone a long time without knowing this, so I humbly ask that there could possibly be an announcement when there’s updates.

Thanks for your consideration Orbx team.  If it’s not feasible I’ll understand.

Hello Jack,

I think that the previous practice of posting in the Release Announcements forum will continue, at least I hope that it will.

The recent bout of unheralded updates have in the main been compatibility updates to suit Orbx Central, rather than

updates that add anything new.

Those that do add new things are still being announced.

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

I think that the previous practice of posting in the Release Announcements forum will continue, at least I hope that it will.

The recent bout of unheralded updates have in the main been compatibility updates to suit Orbx Central, rather than

Ok, thanks.  So it looks like I’m going to have to run Central every day just to see if there’s that little orange ball present.

3 minutes ago, flya150 said:

Maybe have Central show a orange dot next to the group the scenery is in. Example.. Global Range, Europe, North America, Oceania. Then you know there's an update in that group.

Scott

We’d still have to open Central.  How about a notification on the Central icon?

Guest Josh Koz
3 hours ago, flya150 said:

Maybe have Central show a orange dot next to the group the scenery is in. Example.. Global Range, Europe, North America, Oceania. Then you know there's an update in that group.

We actually had this included in our internal builds of Orbx Central but it hasn't yet passed review to be included in a new version.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

We’d still have to open Central.  How about a notification on the Central icon?

We look into putting a badge on the Orbx Central icon to indicate an update.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

This is correct. We do have plans for providing further transparency regarding product updates so all updates would have a changelog.

Just now, Josh Koz said:

We actually had this included in our internal builds of Orbx Central but it hasn't yet passed review to be included in a new version.

We look into putting a badge on the Orbx Central icon to indicate an update.

This is correct. We do have plans for providing further transparency regarding product updates so all updates would have a changelog.

Thank you Josh, that would be very helpful.

Archived