My Honolulu crashes right after takeoff...Blue error screen.

My Honolulu crashes right after takeoff, every time I try to fly?! 

It goes to a blue screen and makes an annoying sound until it gathers 100% of error info for Microsoft.  Then reboots itself.  I start loading P3Dv4.5 from scratch, just to have Honolulu crashes the same way. 

Please help.

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear this. Do you have FSDreamTeam Honolulu and/or FlightSimJewels photoreal freeware installed as well? What is your texture resolution setting? Did you try it with "High" (2048x2048)? Just asking to narrow down the problem.

If the P3D install should be broken (your question in the other thread): Repairing P3Dv4 works via running the Setup_Prepar3D.exe again where you will have the repair option.

6 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Great that it works now Paul. I would never have thought that overclocking could be the reason in this case.

Hi Frank, I've seen this more times than I care to remember, especially on my own PC. I too never thought this would happen, but on my Jetline it did and the guys at Jetline dialed it back and all is right with the world.  But I wonder why this happens?

Hello Jack,

in my experience, "blue screens of death" are almost always hardware related.

Overclocking by definition is asking hardware to do more than it was designed to do.

Sometimes, in trying to go faster than was intended, the hardware trips up and being

logical, if the next step is suddenly out of sight, it stops because it does not know

what else to do.

In many respects, if this behaviour was also a part of human nature, the world might

be a better place.

Typically, the BSoD is not very helpful, displaying a message along the lines of

"something went wrong" which is already clear from the blue screen before the user's eyes.

Archived