Orbx Central (MAC) - Downloads taking A long time

YYZatcboy

Operating system:  Mac OS 10.14.6

Simulator:  X-Plane

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hello support,

I am trying to download my TE UK sceneries and the download and conversion using the Mac version of Orbx Central is taking forever. Literally. I have been at it for weeks and still haven't completely downloaded and installed GB North, with South and Central still to go. The airport sceneries seem to download and work OK. When I found the new Mac Central app I deleted the previous versions which were causing issues due to constantly failing texture conversions from my sim custom scenery folder as I was excited to finally have a sim linked ORBX folder on my external hard drive, an advertised feature of Central for Mac. Any ideas what could be going wrong? I know this will take a while, but to go this long without successfully downloading and converting one of them seems excessive.

Thanks

Joe

I have seen this fixed several times, myself included.  Quit Central, reboot the computer. Mac (I have a Mac too) and re-run Central and see if that helps.  If it does the way it works is when you run Central it'll take about three seconds and it's done.

Just tried it and it appears to have not made a difference other than the software now has to re-scan all the existing files. I will post here if things improve at all once that is done.

EDIT: Once the scan completed it is taking the same length of time to process the scenery as before the complete restart of my computer. 

Hi @YYZatcboy,

Can you please try the following:

1. Close Orbx Central.
  2. Delete the contents of /Volumes/GAZ/X-Plane 11 Scenery ORBX/octemp.
  3. Try installing the TrueEarth Great Britain South Demo within Orbx Central. This is a much smaller product - in our tests it should take less than 30 mins to install.

By installing the demo, we will be able to determine if the problem is affecting all of your TrueEarth product installs, or just the full-size products.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ben, Sorry for the delay.

I deleted everything as you asked. I did the demo install (as well as reinstalling the library, and the custom scenery airports I have purchased). The install was quick, however there are now no landmarks or buildings at my Orbx airports. So for the GB South I have the ortho, with no objects or landmarks. At my airports I have vehicles, trees, ortho and some custom objects but no hangars or terminal buildings etc. Also if I try to install the big packages I am back at "days" to install (have yet to successfully install any of the GB packs other than the demo)

Not sure what's going on here. Any ideas?

@Ben McClintock

It didn't work. I deleted everything and reinstalled through Central directly into the simulator and when I went to YBRM I still had no buildings. Southampton this time gave multiple errors saying the scenery was not loaded because all three folders had missing objects. I didn't try barton. I went onto my website account to try a manual download of the library and got an error saying the download server couldn't be resolved.

Archived