EGLC levels problem

Hello ,

I have the same Problems . 

All AI Traffic is under the Ground . You can not see the Wheels . 

I use AIG AI Manager . But sorry - the AI Traffic use the AFCAD File from the Airport - Not more or less . All other Airports in Sim works with my AI traffic. 

Need a solution for this Problem . 

Thanks 

Michael 

Hello,

GSX also, so it looks like they are not reading the correct airport elevation.

It would be interesting to know which exact file GSX and AIG AI manager are reading.

Unfortunately, I have neither, so I cannot help with that information.

I have read that they can read \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery\ABP_EGLC.bgl,

so you might try removing that, if you have Vector installed.

Try disabling the EU England file, see if the AI could be reading that?

No need for any more screen shots, the problem is understood.

Also please make sure that TE GB South is active and that the EGLC

control panel is set to TE GB South

It may also be that to see some of these changes, it will be necessary to restart P3D v4.

Hello , 

Try to disable the EU England File . No Success . 

Hmm , for today i go to bed. Please find an Solution . I own many other Airports and all without Problems with AI Traffic . 

All other OrbX Products i own also have no AI traffic Elevation Problems . 

Hope there will be find an Solution . 

Thanks and Goodnight 

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

For tomorrow,

I have left a message for the developer to ask if he can help out.

[RESOLVED FOR ME]

It seems that the Configurator from EGLC Airport in FTX Central is not working correctly. In the Configurator you can select between True Earth GB South and ORBX Global Base or FTX England.

Normaly i think when u choose FTX England , the EGLC Files under ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery should set to off. But it dont work. 
I manually set the three EGLC Files in this Path to off and now it works perfect. I think this Problem is only when u use FTX England.

Necessary is to disable all THREE Files not only one . ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC.BGL, FTX_ENG_EGLC_objects.bgl and ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.BGL . All has to set to off . 

Michael 

k-1.png

k-2.png

• 3 months later...

Hi ORBX,

Has this problem been confirmed and is this the correct solution? My friend and I both have ORBX EGLC and ORBX FTX England installed and we both have exactly the same elevation problem with GSX at EGLX. All the GSX vehicles are partially underground. We both have UTL AI and the AI seems fine. The problem for us is with GSX. If you change the EGLC Configurator setting to True Earth GB, the elevation problem is fixed but then there are other problems introduced with the surrounding water - so this is not a valid or acceptable solution as we do not have True Earth GB. 

Please could ORBX kindly confirm the problem and fix the scenery with an update.

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

Well it does seem that disabling:

the 3 x "EGLC" files in "EU England\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery"; and

the "EGLC" ABP files in "Global VECTOR\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery"

... solves the problem. All these files have at some point been mentioned in this post.

However, I have not had the time to determine which of the four ORBX "EGLC" files is the culprit. Is this the correct solution? Could it create other problems? It would be great and appropriate to have confirmation from the developer / ORBX together with an update to the scenery so that one does not have to manually de-active certain ORBX files in order to make other ORBX scenery work properly. This should be automatically done. I both have ORBX EGLC and ORBX FTX England installed.

Thanks.

Rhett

Can this topic be answered please. I have P3dv4.5, GTX, UT Live. Here are some pictures of a landing in the Aerosoft CRJ 700.   I don't use Truearth GB south, I have Orbx global base and Orbx England installed.

The airport appears to have elevation problems!

Thank you.

2020-1-14_15-25-38-441.jpg

2020-1-14_15-25-54-303.jpg

2020-1-14_15-26-31-995.jpg

Thanks for trying, but this photo in the above post does not confirm that there is no problem.

I re-instated all three EGLC bgl files in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery and elevation problem do in fact exist.

Please look carefully and the attached photos and you will see that all is not well.

Not only do GSX vehicles appear sunken below the ground, but there a several unnatural steps in the water levels around EGLC.

Even if you do not see it fit to offer a compatibility solution for addons like GSX and some AI programs as reported by others, then please could you address the steps in the water levels as seen in the attached photos.

Regards,

2020-1-15_20-30-48-408.jpg

2020-1-15_20-33-56-446.jpg

2020-1-15_20-34-7-410.jpg

Speedbird is doing a wheelie. Awesome. Gents. Inside the settings from Orbx i found anything with old and new layer model. I am not at home, so i do not remember well. Toggle this and maybe it helps. At least it did for me. Nick could you also please look into the other issues with London. There is another topic with weird forms on the ground. Nick, which shader or PBR related tools are you using? Thx 

Hi Nick. Thanks for the reply. There is another topic in regards to London City, and i believe this is a PBR issue. But i am not 100% sure now. In this post i said some hours ago i will look into it this weekend. If bgl files are really the problem, maybe Orbx could think of checking this, that the installer is deactivating them automatically. Thid could be more convenient for Sim beginners. I knew, that using multiple software from several developers could lead into compatibility issues over and over. But that Prepar3d keeps me that busy, i could not believe upfront. Have a good one

12 hours ago, Rhett said:

Has @Greg Jones been able to take a look at this yet ?

I'm still unable to replicate the issue. 

An important thing to note is that your terrain resolution must set to 5m or you certainly encounter these kids of issues. What you're seeing is evidence that the terrain is not being processed as intended and remains uneven, thus making the airport either sunken or elevated (or both!). As AI aircraft and vehicles follow the underlying terrain (not the airport model), this results in both vehicles being sunken and terrain protruding through the 'ground' as you can see.

The control panel options should mitigate this.

The most important things to check are the terrain resolution (5m) and that you are selecting the appropriate option from the airport's control panel.

One other thing is that GSX may be installing it's own APX file for the airport, this will also cause problems and would need to be either deleted or modified as appropriate.

Cheers,

Greg 

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for the reply and suggestions. I have tried as you have recommended and still have elevation problems (i.e. set 5 m mesh resolution in P3D settings and check the config tool settings again to be set to FTX England.)

I have also checked for additional GSX files for EGLC and there are none. Looked in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX.

Here are the latest screen shots showing the problem still existing.

The only way I can get rid of the problem is to disable all three EGLC files in p3dv4\EU England\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC.BGL

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLC_CVX.bgl

FTX_ENG_EGLC_objects.bgl 

And the following file in p3dv4\Global VECTOR\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery:

ABP_EGLC.bgl

One thing that the 5 m mesh resolution did change (not fix) was the sloped / stepped water adjacent to the concrete structure running parallel to the southern side runway - it now slopes down instead of up !

Regards,

Rhett

2020-1-26_14-24-12-358.jpg

2020-1-26_14-24-22-965.jpg

• 1 month later...

I did have the same problem, changing the 4 files mentioned above to off, did solve the problem, but I lost other things at the airport. So I changed the files back.

Then I changed the config  in the central to I have TEGB installed. Now I’m happy with it.

I use Ultimate traffic live, gsx 2, London City EGLC and ftx England 

@Greg Jones I hope you are well. 

I’m just wondering whether you are going to provide a fix for EGLC or are we to live with these elevation problems when using FTX England. 

Furthermore, will you be fixing the missing Thames Barrier that was confirmed missing when EGLC is installed with FTX England in a separate post? 

Thanks

Rhett 

8 hours ago, Rhett said:

@Greg Jones I hope you are well. 

I’m just wondering whether you are going to provide a fix for EGLC or are we to live with these elevation problems when using FTX England. 

Furthermore, will you be fixing the missing Thames Barrier that was confirmed missing when EGLC is installed with FTX England in a separate post? 

Thanks

Rhett 

Hi,

The EGLC issues are high on our list of things to do at the moment! So far, we've been unable to replicate the issues in-house, at least where our suggested solutions haven't worked (setting mesh to 5m, selecting correct base scenery in the control panel etc).

We're still looking but this isn't easy one!

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Do any of you having issues happen to have a Navaid addon installed?

Hi

Yes i had same issues that herky1955  has. i had fsAerodata enabled, fsAerodata disabled fixed the problem for me

Ola

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 7:21 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Do any of you having issues happen to have a Navaid addon installed?

Hi there @Doug Sawatzky

You might be on to something. Thank you so much for thinking about this. 

I do have the SORS Navaid data installed. So does my friend who has the same problem. 

Are you able to indicate which default scenery  .bgl file to re-enable that was updated by the SORS Navaid update (I.e. the one containing airport data for EGLC)? There are one or two others that I have re-enabled in Southern Africa to go back to the original airport ICAO code and get AI traffic working again etc. 

Regards,

Rhett. 

8 hours ago, Rhett said:

Are you able to indicate which default scenery  .bgl file to re-enable that was updated by the SORS Navaid update

Hi Rhett

I do not know specifically as I do not use a navaid addon, but maybe just do a search of your entire simulator installation for EGLC and .off the non Orbx entries.

Archived