Ozx for a newbie

cruzer

Only recently back into the world of sim and running P3D 4.5 with Orbx Auv2 and most of the ORBX Australian airports. 

Bit confused as to where the best place is to start to enhance Australia with Ozx and get a full complement of Aus airports?

Cheers,

Ross

The former OZx-homepage is long gone. Here at the Orbx forum the community meets again.

Building up the former OZx scenery complex means a lot of work:

- downloading the sceneries, reading the manuals, installing them, doing necessary changes as descibed in the readme files.

You might start your downloads here from this page:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/165-community-scenery-addons/

First you need all basic OZx stuff from here:

And the you go step by step ...

Thanks Dieter,

Appreciate the direction. It does seem overwhelming for someone new to P3D, although willing to spend some time to get it all correct. 

From the reading I’ve done it does seem worth the effort.

Cheers,

Ross

Hi Ross,

There are some anomalies with the scenery sine AuV2, but a lot of them can be rectified below.  Make sure you use the latest version.

Most of my fields are ok using the fixer,  but some of them the colouring is off with the new Aus. 

Some other modifications are here as well.

6 hours ago, Cruzer.04 said:

Thanks Dieter,

Appreciate the direction. It does seem overwhelming for someone new to P3D, although willing to spend some time to get it all correct. 

From the reading I’ve done it does seem worth the effort.

Cheers,

Ross

Just follow the instructions contained in each download (v3.0 followed by 3.1 etc) and you shouldn't go wrong. Dont forget you will need to use the P3D converted Oz Sc Lib from Craigs download site. If you get stuck help is always available here.

Hi again all,

Couple of questions regarding installation of Ozx_AUS_V3.0p1 (the first package only). Answers may be obvious to some but again I am new to all this and don't want to mess it up.

I've just installed it into C:\Prepar3Dv4, is this the correct location or should've I put it somewhere else? I ran P3D and it didn't build it's database as per instructions so I activated it in the scenery library and it then rebuilt it's dbase , it's now sitting at number 1 on the list as C:\Prepar3Dv4\OZx.

The instructions also requires Holgermesh to be installed, is this still the case with AUv2?

If I have activated it correctly, where should it sit within the library?

I also received the error below for area 185.

Cheers,

Ross

error.jpg

On 9/3/2019 at 7:57 AM, Cruzer.04 said:

Are Flukey’s airports listed on avsim (YBSU for example) included in those packages or are they an additional download? 

Yes is a confusing reply as you asked two separate questions.

1 Some of flukeys are included in 3.5

2 He also has some stand alone downloads which are now posted on Avsim, I am not sure if his fields included in 3.5 are also posed as separate downloads. Open Oz/ scenery and look for his files

21 hours ago, Dust2Dust said:

What is OZx? Are you guys referring to the Australian airports ORBX sells through ORBX Direct website?

No, OZx freeware scenery is now available in "Community Scenery Addons" 

OZx Scenery v3.0 to v3.5 includes over 300  fields ranging from large terminals down to small bushstrips, all of excellent quality

2 hours ago, Cruzer.04 said:

Hi again all,

Couple of questions regarding installation of Ozx_AUS_V3.0p1 (the first package only). Answers may be obvious to some but again I am new to all this and don't want to mess it up.

I've just installed it into C:\Prepar3Dv4, is this the correct location or should've I put it somewhere else? I ran P3D and it didn't build it's database as per instructions so I activated it in the scenery library and it then rebuilt it's dbase , it's now sitting at number 1 on the list as C:\Prepar3Dv4\OZx.

The instructions also requires Holgermesh to be installed, is this still the case with AUv2?

If I have activated it correctly, where should it sit within the library?

I also received the error below for area 185.

Cheers,

Ross

error.jpg

If installed using the self contained installer it should look like this in the P3D Scenery Library

j9uzrpR.jpg

When you open  the OZx folder it should contain a number of folders, see below

Ignore "OZx_Lib" you'll need the P3D version below it

TdqHDmR.jpg

You do not need Holgers mesh

You will need to download the OZx P3d Converted sc lib files

Yep, it looks the same now.

Although when I load the sim it doesn’t rebuild the database. 

So should I manually activate it in the scenery library and then do a defrag?

Or just continue the installation of the rest of it?

On 9/5/2019 at 6:31 PM, bruce e said:

Yes is a confusing reply as you asked two separate questions.

1 Some of flukeys are included in 3.5

2 He also has some stand alone downloads which are now posted on Avsim, I am not sure if his fields included in 3.5 are also posed as separate downloads. Open Oz/ scenery and look for his files

To answer No2., any Airports I had designed for the OZx 3.5 package are/will not be released as standalone :)

Only those I had designed outside this package are available at avsim except Bankstown for now which is still available from the google drive link, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t0--T_RBdBqSDH0Ct03R1H-BarqzA9xK/view?usp=sharing Along with Dynamic lighting update https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14kcvYgSLup8PHkeBf2qcziy3Lwj9q7P4?usp=sharing

17 hours ago, Cruzer.04 said:

Yep, it looks the same now.

Although when I load the sim it doesn’t rebuild the database. 

So should I manually activate it in the scenery library and then do a defrag?

Or just continue the installation of the rest of it?

It should be in your Sc Lib, as shown in the pic

A7f8iBO.jpg

if not activate it. You will need the P3D converted Sc Libs to see all the textures, else you will have some black objects etc.

I would load all the OZx version up to v3.05 in the correct order following the instructions carefully.

You can check that your v3.0 scenery is ok by going to YTAM

Note. you may not see all the windsock cones in P3Dv4

Dont forget to set your "Scenery Library Insertion Point" in FTX Central/Orbx Central (?) so that your ORBX scenery sits  immediately below anyOZx or ather Addon scenery

b2ZQwzP.jpg

Great, thanks for all the tips and links. I'm slowly getting my head around it all.

Still confused with the P3D converted libraries. Can I bin the old OZx_LIB scenery and texture folders and replace with the converted P3D library files?

Thanks Bruce, I just did that and appears all to be working. Thanks for all the advice, it's surely worth the effort, I've just sampled a few of my local aerodromes and they look great. Appreciate the hard work everyone has put into it.

Now I will start on Flukey's fixes, how do I turn files to OFF? No matter what I do I can't rename the extension. What's the easiest way to do this?

Cheers,

Currently installing the airports created by RF and Ant, are there any others that I need to download that are not included in Ozx?

Also, all the airports I've checked out so far have either two or three windsock ground markings. Below is YSRN.

YSRN.jpg

also probably overlapping objects, elevation issues, this is because Orbx have also modelled some of the fields and the updated mesh in AUv2.

A solution is pinned in the Community  Scenery Addons. Section  entitled “OZx Fixer” which for the most part fixes scenery object and mesh issues

Which fields?

If you are seeing duplicate w/s circles it probably means that the "FTX_AUS_xxxx_object .bgl "has not been turned "off" where there are conflicting OZx /Orbx AU scenery files, this may be because you are not pointing the Fixer to the correct location for your Orbx & Oz files.

Check the example shown in post #78 in the AUSv2 OZx Fixer for YWRN, one of the OZx fields & also an Orbx enhanced fields that the Fixer corrects

I assume from your Sc Lib pic that your FTX Insertion Point is set to Fly Tampa Libs?

Hi,

It's most of the fields I've visited, take YSRN for example. Below is what the ORBX scenery folder looks like and appears the fixer didn't turn it off. I just cut and paste the directory so don't know how it can go wrong.

C:\Prepar3Dv4\OZx\OZx_AUS\Scenery

C:\Prepar3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY\scenery

You are correct regarding my sc library. Should this be different?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this,

My YWRN looks spot on though.

YSRN ORBX files.jpg

Lib insertion point.jpg

..............as I’ve never installed anything else. 

YSRN is included in OZx v3.5, so presumably you have installed this.

Flukey has asked that his sceneries are not included in the OZx Fixer therefore you would need to delete (OFF) the YSRN ADE & Objects files in P3Dv4/ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAUv2_05_SCENERY files

This is the manual fix for any scenery conflicting with Orbx fields, assuming you wish not to use the Orbx scenery

Makes sense, it’s possibly a coincidence that the airports where i’ve seen this anomaly are not included in the fixer and will require manual manipulation as stated above. 

So I will need to leave the CVX files as is to remain on?

Hi Bruce, I've pretty much finished the installation of all the addon airports for Australia. I turned the files you suggested in post #35 to OFF and it fixed most of the issues at YSRN. Although I'm still left with two windsock ground markings and no windsock. This is the case for most of my aussie airports. Is there a fix you can point me to for this?

Secondly, YMGD is missing buildings, it looks as though the fixer has turned off the necessary files though.

Lastly, I've installed most of Ant's Aussie airports which are great. Although at YHML there are missing taxiways.

I guess once the solutions are found I'll be able to apply the same fix for any other discrepancies I find along the way.

I've attached a picture for each case.

Cheers,

Ross

YSRN2.jpg

YMGD.jpg

YHML.jpg

Archived