Ross Lake, Washington

MikeFlight

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fantastic Mike!  How in the world did you find that dam?  It would take me forever to find it criss-crossing the state.

There's actually two dams out there on State Route 20 in WA.  Follow the Skagit River eastbound and the first dam you find is the Diablo Dam then not far past that is the Ross Dam featured in this post then the road turns southbound past Leavenworth and on to Wenatchee.

17 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

There's actually two dams out there on State Route 20 in WA.  Follow the Skagit River eastbound and the first dam you find is the Diablo Dam then not far past that is the Ross Dam featured in this post then the road turns southbound past Leavenworth and on to Wenatchee.

Thanks OND but what airport do I start from and what direction?  Is there a VOR I can aim for?  I’d really like to see this in TE.

Thanks 

11 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND but what airport do I start from and what direction?  Is there a VOR I can aim for?  I’d really like to see this in TE.

Thanks 

Start from Concrete eastbound along the Skagit River and rte 20.  A possible navaid might be the 'whatcom vortac 113.0' - the dams are about the 090R/65 dme.

Thanks, and nice that you like the shots. :)

@Jack: I usually look at the area in Google Earth before a flight. I did not have navigation aids in this case, but just flew off. I started from Darrington Mun., then not to Concrete, but before right into the valley. ;)

On 8/30/2019 at 11:36 AM, olderndirt said:

Start from Concrete eastbound along the Skagit River and rte 20.  A possible navaid might be the 'whatcom vortac 113.0' - the dams are about the 090R/65 dme.

I found it OND!  Thanks man, it’s incredibly beautiful in this area, I didn’t even know it was this rugged, I would love to live here.

Archived