P3D4.5 TE England- Ground Textures and Performance

Tim K

So, I had pretty much given up on TE England for P3dv4. Since the day I bought it, I have been very disappointed with the performance (especially ground texture loading- see my other topic) and with the quality of the ground textures (especially roads).  And it bugs me because I LOVE the other ORBX scenery! Yet, for some reason, I have never been able to get it to work well, no matter the settings I used.

Well, after a month, decided to try it again... with similar results. :(

But here is an issue I noticed this time. Why is there a blurry, extended part of the runway (EGMC)?

3yk40XP.jpg

Any thoughts on that?

Here's EGKB with similar issues. Some Vector Elevation issues also it appears (?)

pQWXfhf.jpg

Also, here's a shot of the ugly roads, with a very grainy, greenish tint.

AmzmfAo.jpg

Any thoughts on that? 

Just for fun, here is my current scenery library around TE GB South... does it look right, or not? 

3dpO2av.jpg

P3dv4.5, Freemesh X, ORBX global, vector, Trees HD, Buildings HD, Open LC Europe, TE GB South, REX 4 Texture Direct (for runway and taxiway textures)

Basic specs in the signature

Hello,

1. EGMC - the hard runway does not fully fit over the photograph of the runway.

This does need to be corrected. I will notify the developers

2. EGKB - Vector Airport Elevation Correction has not been disabled

3. Green roads - an unfortunate side effect of the necessary colour processing

4. I would prefer to see those entries further up the library but it depends on what else are above them.

There is no evidence in your shot of a problem with the way the scenery is being displayed.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:08 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

1. EGMC - the hard runway does not fully fit over the photograph of the runway.

This does need to be corrected. I will notify the developers

2. EGKB - Vector Airport Elevation Correction has not been disabled

3. Green roads - an unfortunate side effect of the necessary colour processing

4. I would prefer to see those entries further up the library but it depends on what else are above them.

There is no evidence in your shot of a problem with the way the scenery is being displayed.

Thanks Nick! I appreciate your response!

3. Is there something being worked on to correct this? 

4. Ok. This is where ORBX central installed them. I haven't moved anything around but it's good to know that you don't see any evidence of a problem.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:29 AM, Paul Golding said:

I couldn't recommend UK2000 EGMC enough.  I use it as my default airport and see no issues with it in TE.  It's a shame about the roads though and I find I fairly regularly swap between TE and EU England.

Thanks Paul! It is a shame about the roads. Maybe a fix can be found in the future!

It appears that the AFD runway at EGMC Southend in TrueEarth GB South is still the original length from before the runway extension was constructed. That added another 1000 feet to the length of the runway at the 05 end. As Paul Golding has already mentioned, UK2000 Southend Xtreme works just fine with TrueEarth GB South, and it includes this runway extension.

Archived