Washington TE

My understanding is that Orbx only do downloads and not hard copies. I note you have reported your problems in this Topic: Maybe @Nick Cooper could offer further advice as we don't seem to have established exactly what your problem is regarding "missing" files, possible incomplete download etc.

Im also extremely frustrated with TE Washington...I've been struggling for 2 days with this SW download, and I meet all the prerequisites. I've been installing add ons for various simulators for 15 years and this has been by far the worst installation I have ever seen. This will be my last ORBX product ever. I sure hope that when Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 comes out, I'll never have to deal with this again. Did ORBX even test this SW before it was released?

4 minutes ago, Mikefly562 said:

Im also extremely frustrated with TE Washington...I've been struggling for 2 days with this SW download, and I meet all the prerequisites. I've been installing add ons for various simulators for 15 years and this has been by far the worst installation I have ever seen. This will be my last ORBX product ever. I sure hope that when Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 comes out, I'll never have to deal with this again. Did ORBX even test this SW before it was released?

Welcome!  What seems to be the problem?

Are you using the new Orbx Central and not the older FTX Central, there's a huge difference.

I'm really sorry to hear about this as it's been installing perfectly for me and others.  And I'm more than willing to help.

Please don't give up, I guarantee you this will be resolved.

After multiple attempts, it is still stuck on Extracted 62280/62370 Converted 19584 / 19610. Before I was getting too close on disk space, so I bought a new 2TB drive this morning. I did a completely fresh install of X-Plane 11 on my new 2TB harddrive, with all the latest updates, reinstalled the latest version of Orbx Central v4.0.10. I even disabled my anti-virus software as well.

I have an i9-9900K with an RTX 2080 and 32GB Ram. Ive been attempting to install this SW since yesterday and my frustration is absolutely through the roof. I'm an engineer that is very familiar with PC Hardware and SW, and yet this SW is been a horrible nightmare to install. I'm very frustrated and still not able to use this product. How long do I need to wait for it to go past Extracted 62280/62370 Converted 19584 / 19610? Thanks for any help received, but I'm getting really close to giving up. Thanks

4 minutes ago, Mikefly562 said:

After multiple attempts, it is still stuck on Extracted 62280/62370 Converted 19584 / 19610. Before I was getting too close on disk space, so I bought a new 2TB drive this morning. I did a completely fresh install of X-Plane 11 on my new 2TB harddrive, with all the latest updates, reinstalled the latest version of Orbx Central v4.0.10. I even disabled my anti-virus software as well.

I have an i9-9900K with an RTX 2080 and 32GB Ram. Ive been attempting to install this SW since yesterday and my frustration is absolutely through the roof. I'm an engineer that is very familiar with PC Hardware and SW, and yet this SW is been a horrible nightmare to install. I'm very frustrated and still not able to use this product. How long do I need to wait for it to go past Extracted 62280/62370 Converted 19584 / 19610? Thanks for any help received, but I'm getting really close to giving up. Thanks

Hi Mike, I don’t know if you’re aware of this but when it’s downloading and installing it’s doing it from your C drive until it’s finished.  So if you don’t have a lot of room left on C this could be the problem.

I have lots of room on my C drive (137GB remaining), as I have the ORBX Temp on the same drive as my X-Plane, since I have so much room on that hard drive...should I have the orbx temp on a separate drive from where my my X-Plane is installed on? Thanks

Just now, Mikefly562 said:

I have lots of room on my C drive (137GB remaining), as I have the ORBX Temp on the same drive as my X-Plane, since I have so much room on that hard drive...should I have the orbx temp on a separate drive from where my my X-Plane is installed on? Thanks

No, that was very smart of you to place the Orbx temp there.  I did see somewhere in a different thread that some drives go to sleep and that was preventing the installation.  I wish I could find that post but I'm sure a search will find it here.

Yeah...my hard is an internal harddrive, and I've been accessing it, so I don't think its asleep. Should I stop the installation and try again? Only thing is, it takes forever for each attempt. I'm so incredibly frustrated with this. If this 4th attempt does not work, is there a way of getting a refund? I should not have to spend this much time on installing a non-beta version of released software.

Yeah...my hard is an internal harddrive, and I've been accessing it, so I don't think its asleep. Should I stop the installation and try again? Only thing is, it takes forever for each attempt. I'm so incredibly frustrated with this. If this 4th attempt does not work, is there a way of getting a refund? I should not have to spend this much time on installing a non-beta version of released software.

Mike, please wait on a refund.  It's a weekend but someone will help and if all else fails then request it.  I've never seen problem not solved.

@Nick Cooper @Ben McClintock  @Mitchell Williamson can help.  These are all official Orbx guys and if they can't fix it it can't be fixed.

What's odd is my system is like half of your's and it installed in no time.  I'm betting it's something simple on your end.

I went ahead and rebooted my computer to see if it recovers. Keeping fingers crossed, as I really hope it does work. Its beautiful looking scenery, so keeping fingers crossed that it works. Thanks!

Please post back Mike, myself and others can benefit.  Good luck!

Hi Jack...rebooting my PC seems to have resolved the issue....I booted into safe mode, then back out of safe mode, and as soon as I clicked to restart the download, it went immediately to 100% and completed the installation. I tested it out and it looks great! Thanks for your assistance!!

Hi Jack...rebooting my PC seems to have resolved the issue....I booted into safe mode, then back out of safe mode, and as soon as I clicked to restart the download, it went immediately to 100% and completed the installation. I tested it out and it looks great! Thanks for your assistance!!

Awesome Mike!  Now, please post some screenshots on the screenshot forum and enter the monthly contest. :)

Welcome aboard and I'm very pleased it's resolved! :)

Hello Mikefly562,

I am delighted that Jack's moral support has enabled you to complete the installation.

For future reference, if you are having a problem with a specific part of the Orbx system,

in this case Orbx Central, we have designated forums and a new topic is more effective

than adding to someone else's existing one.

Archived