Why no Flightsim.com news??

ba43

No idea mate, both myself and John later lodged the news with flightsim.com but they did not post it, why... ? Beats me

I also did not ask I do have to admit because I am not going to be beg people to put news on their websites :)

???

You'd think that the one website calling itself by the product name and being one that usually covers all things Flightsim, would be all over this release.

Pacific North West is a defining moment in the history of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The absence of any news about PNW on that website is just strange.

I know there will be a lot of other publications that will surely give ORBX and the PNW team the accolades and attention this software deserves.

It just seems like FS.com has a gripe or "ORBX gets no love from us" policy in place.

Oh well, I just think the team here should be recognized for this outstanding release and I'm puzzled by the glaring omission.

Brad

I have never known flightsim.com to be a "breaking news" sort of place. I go to Avsim if I want to know what's going on today.

Agreed, they are slow and sometimes post new releases that have been out for weeks. They house a lot of files but apart from that I've kind of lost my interest in that site.

Looks like this has been discussed before. See the similar question brought up back in 2008 if you read the FTX Awards sticky above. John gives a simple answer to this question that sums it all up.

I'll let you read his own words on this but basically it comes down to FS.com, ORBX and advertising money. So, that kind of explains the cold shoulder treatment.

Brad

Actually, their affiliate store FSPilotshop.com *does* indeed sell the AU DVDs and has made a tidy profit from them for some time now. But Brad is correct, we refuse to pay for any advertising on their site, since that's what their news section is for. So being an Orbx reseller, and potentially selling the FTX PNW DVD to make them more profit, the whole news blackout thing is all rather amusing and perplexing really.

And I concerned? Hell no! Any flight simmer who relies solely on one single FS site for their news, reviews and forums has their head buried in the sand. I'd like to think the average simmer is smarter than that.

And I concerned? Hell no! Any flight simmer who relies solely on one single FS site for their news, reviews and forums has their head buried in the sand. I'd like to think the average simmer is smarter than that.

And we definitely are... that's why we fly FSX instead of Ace Combat or Hawx for a simulation experience... but button mashing is fun every once in a while.

I used to only use flightsim.com when I first discovered the flight sim internet communities "back in the day", but that was before I discovered Avsim, Simviation, OZx, etc. I used to be a very active member of the forums, but alas I discovered Orbx and only go back to fs.com when I'm really bored and Iain, Patrick, Alan, heck anyone haven't put up some new screenshots...

I have never known flightsim.com to be a "breaking news" sort of place. I go to Avsim if I want to know what's going on today.

Agreed, they are slow and sometimes post new releases that have been out for weeks. They house a lot of files but apart from that I've kind of lost my interest in that site.

Yeah, but they still have the Mother of All Files section for FSX.  8)

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. I used FS.com back in the old days, but AVSIM is just always on there game. AVSIM has so many great forums and there always so many people on it to help out. I use it all the time and they people there are nice. The MOD's keep people in check and there really never a lot of BS on it. They always have the latest news and files right there on there homepage. Anyways I think things like FS Break are making huge headway in the hobby, many many people are more tured onto Podcast because so many people have Blackberry's, iPhones etc. I rather listen to a Podcast then read a website right? Anyways my two cents.

Archived