Is This Correct? - TE WA - Ladysmith - Duncan BC

fltsimguy

Would someone mind taking a moment and confirming that my TE WA is displaying correctly.

Took off from CYCD ( Nanaimo) - which is still incorrectly labeled in the XP11 menu, and headed south toward Duncan (my home town), the transition from default to TE WA starts at this point.

I have the HD version installed...but it seems blurry to me, should it be sharper??

-2019-aug-25-002.jpg

-2019-aug-25-003.jpg

-2019-aug-25-004.jpg

-2019-aug-25-005.jpg

John I did have it turned down  but put it up to full and it makes no difference except that my very distant scenery is now showing of course sharper.

I'm of course talking about the scenery right below me, which for some reason, just seems to me to be less sharp than it was upon initial install, am I loosing it?

A screenie of what others are seeing would be helpful, I at 2,000'.

I also use VM-twick VR but this is not impacting sharpness.

Bryan

Hi Bryan, is it possible to install another XP somewhere on your PC and install only this scenery?  This is what I do, I have two installs, one 100% plain vanilla, no plugins whatsoever.  This is a great way to troubleshoot.

Best regards.

J

1 hour ago, fltsimguy said:

which is still incorrectly labeled in the XP11 menu,

Only because it is misspelled as Namaimo in the apt.dat of the Canada4XPlane custom scenery you have for this airport.  Use a text editor to correct the spelling in line 4 of the apt.dat.

10 minutes ago, Sentry11 said:

I was curious, so here you go "fltsimguy", HD version.

Sure wouldn't want to land at CAM3. Yikes.

Perfect this really helps, basically we are seeing the same level of quality, for some reason I just thought it should be sharper as one got lower to the ground. I was thinking that ZL17 would be crisper.

So it looks like mine is just fine. Again thanks.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Bryan, is it possible to install another XP somewhere on your PC and install only this scenery?  This is what I do, I have two installs, one 100% plain vanilla, no plugins whatsoever.  This is a great way to troubleshoot.

Best regards.

J

Yes Jack I have the backup install, exactly like you no plugins, perfect for testing something and then removing it or coping over to the master install.

12 hours ago, mauricecohen said:

Only because it is misspelled as Namaimo in the apt.dat of the Canada4XPlane custom scenery you have for this airport.  Use a text editor to correct the spelling in line 4 of the apt.dat.

Genius,  thanks for providing a solution! I just used Notepad and made that change, easy!

1 hour ago, BobT said:

I think it is actually lower resolution in most of the Canadian portion of TE Washington. Looks like ZL16 to me. I would imagine this is a licensing issue with the data... perhaps? 

This may be, the other fellow who provided a shot, looked similar, although due to resolution it is hard to tell, but it certainly didn't stand out as being superior that's for sure.

Perhaps you are right!

Well I had a look at my Bing orthos for Victoria that I made and they dont look much better at ZL 17 actually. And the colors are kind of weird. I think the ZL doesn't guarantee 1.2m resolution, just depends on the source. 

Archived