Can't change target simulator (XP11)

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  XP11.35

Screenshot:  

Issue:  I chose my XP11 Beta sim location by mistake when I first set up Orbx Central.  Everything is working fine but now I can't select my "main" XP location as the target location.  I've installed GB, OR and WA on another drive.  I can only sync my "beta" location now.  Please let me know how to (re) select my main XP folder location.  Thanks.

Hi Ken, welcome to the forums

I have merged your duplicate topics.

Page 19 of the linked user guide states the below. The user guide can also be found under settings/help in your Orbx Central app.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#

Moving a library to another location

Moving a library is painless with Central and can be achieved in a few steps only:

1. Go to Settings > Libraries.

2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move.

3. Remove the library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files).

4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”.

5. Move the directory to the new location in your operating system. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed.

6. Start Central again

7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page

8. Press ‘Create New Library’

Hello,

if both versions' locations are added to the x-plane_install_11.txt file,

then Orbx Central will see them both and add the links to whichever

is selected.

Resyncronise simulator should do it.

Which is which can be ascertained by hovering the mouse over the

inactive one in the simulator drop down menu.

Like this:

1.jpg

E:\New folder is a dummy second installation that I created to illustrate the point.

The main installation is selected at the top

Thank you Nick and @mauricecohen!  Yes, @mauricecohen I did want to target a different XP folder.  I found the only way I could do this was to totally uninstall Central (and any left over folders/files) and do a new install - that process gave me the ability to select the "main" folder.  Will explore Nick's suggestion - just have to figure out how to get to the x-plane_install_11.txt file...

An easier solution for an update would be to have the option to select the target folder without having to "dive" into text files - worth consideration.  By the way, where is the text file?

OK, so before you folks spend another minute trying to help I found the issue.  Me.  Orbx Central was recoginzing the "beta" folder it just wasn't indicating it as "beta" - only when I hovered the cursor over the "XP 11" drop down did I see that this was in another drive.  The drive that contained the "beta" installation.  So, everything is working as advertised.  Thanks again for your assistance.  Looking forward to additional offerings from Orbx!  Great work...

22 minutes ago, Ken Schreiner said:

OK, so before you folks spend another minute trying to help I found the issue.  Me.  Orbx Central was recoginzing the "beta" folder it just wasn't indicating it as "beta" - only when I hovered the cursor over the "XP 11" drop down did I see that this was in another drive.  The drive that contained the "beta" installation.  So, everything is working as advertised.  Thanks again for your assistance.  Looking forward to additional offerings from Orbx!  Great work...

I mentioned this same thing, I have two XP installs, one with nothing but Orbx the other plain vanilla for testing.

Yet in Central, in the dropdown menu it just shows two XP 11's.  I discovered the same thing, hover over it and it will show the path.  I was really hoping they could have changed this to reflect the path to the sim.

Hello Jack,

it should be enough to be able to hover over the entry and see the path.

There is no room for anything else in the menu.

This is the same tried and tested method used in FTX Central to see the version number

of a product and it works well enough.

From post 10.

image.png

31 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Jack,

it should be enough to be able to hover over the entry and see the path.

There is no room for anything else in the menu.

This is the same tried and tested method used in FTX Central to see the version number

of a product and it works well enough.

From post 10.

image.png

Thanks Nick, I figured as much, it’s not a problem.

Archived