Things just got serious

Jack Sawyer

True Earth Oregon in HD is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, to me it's the zenith of flight sim fidelity.

By the way, flying a light plane in TE Oregon I was getting an astonishing 50+ FPS!!!  This is the HD version too!  Many thanks Orbx!

Yet, this awesome flight was marred by the fact that there's no ChasePlane which makes it that much more difficult to fly this plane.  

One of XP's biggest difficulties for me is setting up cameras and KEEPING them set up as it seems they change or get deleted  with every flight :banghead:  I'd honestly PayPal the creators of this app $1000 right now if they could make it for XP.

Anyway, I took up the ZIBO 737, it's an older version because there have been way too many problems with the latest iteration, another thing I detest, having to constantly chase down updates.  XP is so unlike P3D where updates are much easier, well, EXCEPT for Orbx, if the XP world could be like Orbx it would be a better world indeed.

Enough complaining, here's a flight I made using SIDs and STARs from KPDX, Portland to KSEA, Seattle.

2zhbJIQ.jpg

aj64vW8.jpg

Q4FbLnk.jpg

KSZfzK9.jpg

ui5H6FD.jpg

8GNqP0a.jpg

OQ2qpoh.jpg

abBnb58.jpg

g3Zysam.jpg

hCeo4qY.jpg

wiq4ljW.jpg

uugdp9X.jpg

ixayouf.jpg

4Kh3my9.jpg

18 minutes ago, BradB said:

Come on Jack , you seriously think that OR is better than WA ; those are fighting words Mr. Sawyer . :rolleyes::o:angry::lol:   Seriously these are amazing shots my friend  !! .

Cheers

John

Fighting words John, seriously?  I mean it’s only a sim.  I know you live in Washington but what about people like me who would pay literally THOUSANDS of $ to see TE Georgia?  But I know this will NEVER happen.

6 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Fighting words John, seriously?  I mean it’s only a sim.  I know you live in Washington but what about people like me who would pay literally THOUSANDS of $ to see TE Georgia?  But I know this will NEVER happen.

Just a little comic relief this morning Jack , I have one of my cluster migraine's going .....:):lol::angry::(

John

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Sadly that will never happen as FSX is 32 bit and with the demands of TE it would run out of VAS in a hurry.

Makes sense.  Since Microsoft is supposedly coming out with a new Flight Sim, do you think they will fix the VAS issue?

Just now, RetiredFE said:

Makes sense.  Since Microsoft is supposedly coming out with a new Flight Sim, do you think they will fix the VAS issue?

P3D is FSX in 64 bit with new clothes.  There’s no VAS issue in P3D as like I said it’s a 64-bit sim.

As for the new MSFS 2020, I have no idea, all I know is what everyone else on the Internet knows, what they show in dribs and drabs.  It’ll be very interesting to see how this new sim is going to work.  Will it be installed on your local PC or will it be an Xbox Gold monthly subscription where you fly “on-the-fly” as it were.  I don’t know if I’d pay a monthly fee as I don’t fly every day and what if there’s an internet interruption?  But then I could be 100% incorrect in my assumptions :D

2 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

P3D is FSX in 64 bit with new clothes.  There’s no VAS issue in P3D as like I said it’s a 64-bit sim.

As for the new MSFS 2020, I have no idea, all I know is what everyone else on the Internet knows, what they show in dribs and drabs.  It’ll be very interesting to see how this new sim is going to work.  Will it be installed on your local PC or will it be an Xbox Gold monthly subscription where you fly “on-the-fly” as it were.  I don’t know if I’d pay a monthly fee as I don’t fly every day and what if there’s an internet interruption?  But then I could be 100% incorrect in my assumptions :D

You bring up some very good points.  Like you for me Chase plane is the deal breaker for XP.  Plus since I use FSX I think I would have to repurchase a bunch of airplanes.

10 minutes ago, RetiredFE said:

You bring up some very good points.  Like you for me Chase plane is the deal breaker for XP.  Plus since I use FSX I think I would have to repurchase a bunch of airplanes.

Well, you’re right, I’ve been looking at the XP version of CP but it’s not as elegant or intuitive.  As for planes, well, my mantra, I can’t really take it as seriously as P3D without PMDG and A2A.  But one good thing that really makes XP take off is Orbx’s stuff.  You have to admit, this True Earth scenery is astonishing.  So I will keep both sims.

Wow, amazing shots, Jack! I can’t wait to buy this scenery. But i will “need” to wait until Tuesday, because now I am enjoying a holiday in the beautiful island of Rhodes, Greece. :) So I believe I will manage to wait 2 days more. Cheers! 

5 hours ago, Dario said:

Wow, amazing shots, Jack! I can’t wait to buy this scenery. But i will “need” to wait until Tuesday, because now I am enjoying a holiday in the beautiful island of Rhodes, Greece. :) So I believe I will manage to wait 2 days more. Cheers! 

Gosh Dario, I'm green with envy!  I've been to Greece back in the 80's but never made it to Rhodes, I hope you have a wonderful trip!  And thanks, I'm glad you liked the shots my friend.

24 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

awesome Jack, hard to go back to landclass after TE

Thanks Ken, and I have to agree 100%.  As much as I love all my Orbx P3D stuff (I have them all) I too am amazed by what I see in TE.  The level of detail and photoreal is stunning, I mean when I'm flying the sim in XP I just sit there with my jaw on the floor.  It's smooth, it's real, and it's beautiful.  I wonder if we'll ever see a P3D v5 and if we do I wonder if they'll incorporate this level of detail.  I can't get rid of either sim!

Archived