TE Oregon and lavender???

I purchased, downloaded and installed TE Oregon yesterday without any problems...yeah! The first thing I noticed when I tried it out was a preponderance of areas that have a 'lavender' color to them. It seems to be parking lots and yards. I hadn't changed any saturation settings on X Plane 11 so it's kinda weird. I've tried fooling around with color/saturation and tint levels but haven't hit on an acceptable setting so far. Anyone else with this issue? 

Thanks,

John798614270_Alabeo_PA31-XP11-2019-08-1612_37_27.thumb.png.3a01c2f7d29f328bacf6233b9aec5bee.png

If you are mixing it with white powdered sugar (such as in cake frosting) a larger ratio of powdered sugar will make a softer shade of lavender. For a darker lavender, add more of the red-blue blend. Add more drops of blue to your frosting if you want to move from lavender to purple.

Yeah I know, doesn't help but I'm feeling peckish, sorry!

Unfortunately I think often the source imagery has, for one reason or another, a colour cast.  It will depend on the lighting, the weather and the settings of the operators on the day the original imagery was shot.  The TE GB imagery had very blue tarmacs originally, after some corrections the blue was lessened but it's still there if you happen to be over the affected areas.

Another factor at play is the imperfect translation of colour during the conversion process to the format used by flight sims.  Flight sims have algorithms that compress the colour palette (AFAIK) to aid frame rates and maybe in cases like this, the balancing hues in the imagery are the ones that are removed and these lavender hues are what's left.

So, I'm not a dev but that's my understanding of what might be causing this.

Archived