Orbx's L52 in X-Plane

Jack Sawyer

48 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks OND.  What questions?

I'm seeing 'TEST' not even an 'N' in front.  Another question - it has very small span ailerons versus flaps and the chord appears the same, are the ailerons supplemented with spoilers?

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Oh, yeah, but it's just a sim, just a test, I'm not a "rivet counter," not saying you are :unsure:

Rivet Counter, isn't that what you Air Force guys call the SP who walked around an aircraft guarding it. I had a High School buddy who was SP and once said he could tell you how many rivets was in a B-52.

2 hours ago, M110A2 said:

Rivet Counter, isn't that what you Air Force guys call the SP who walked around an aircraft guarding it. I had a High School buddy who was SP and once said he could tell you how many rivets was in a B-52.

A so-called rivet counter is a person who is extremely picky, every last rivet has to be in place, every logo, livery, you name it has to be perfect.  It's a disparaging moniker.

As for the SP's, the guys I saw on the flight line were quite crazy, all they wanted to do "jack someone up", which means arresting someone.  We never liked them because they were too aggressive on we mechanics just because they could.

Expected to see Jack in Oregon by now:)

Or are you in the queue like me?

SD started about 9.30am EST, still going as I type & just past halfway, unless it took off since I was last up there.

Presume Orbx servers are being whacked.

I'm getting 3MB/sec down to 500 KB/sec, all over the place. May be the provider throttling. I don't know

I have fingers crossed I'll get a flight in by midnight:)

TTM

5 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Expected to see Jack in Oregon by now:)

Or are you in the queue like me?

SD started about 9.30am EST, still going as I type & just past halfway, unless it took off since I was last up there.

Presume Orbx servers are being whacked.

I'm getting 3MB/sec down to 500 KB/sec, all over the place. May be the provider throttling. I don't know

I have fingers crossed I'll get a flight in by midnight:)

TTM

Buying it now TTM.  But beware, you can now buy the HD or SD version.  I mistakenly bought the SD version and when I click on the link to buy the HD version they want $64.95. now it's probably my mistake but I posted a support post in Central.

I have fiber cable and it's coming down screaming fast.

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

I have cable to the house, then its wifi from the router to the PC, which is probably the bottle neck.

90% at 3.30pm. I get about 3% an hour at the moment.

You flying yet?

TTM

It finished about 30 minutes ago but now I’m outside doing real world things.  When I get back to it I’m buying the HD after uninstalling the SD version then flying.

26 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It finished about 30 minutes ago but now I’m outside doing real world things.  When I get back to it I’m buying the HD after uninstalling the SD version then flying.

96%!!

Should be in the air soon.

Dug out a road map for Oregon.

Man, it is barren in the South East, I think I'll start there:)

TTM

8 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

96%!!

Should be in the air soon.

Dug out a road map for Oregon.

Man, it is barren in the South East, I think I'll start there:)

TTM

Cool!  Uninstalled SD and now installing HD.

Then maybe I can fly if I have the time.

Archived