Global Nth America wont install

I'm now running Central 4.0.4. This morning I purchased and tried to install ORBX Global Open LC North America 1.2.0 unfortunately I get the following error:

"Error: A communication error occurred when trying to perform this action" 

Could I get some assistance please

Don

When I get this error I can fix it by going in to Task Manager and stopping the three Central processes and Saturn exe if it is running as well.  Restarting OC then allows me to update.

I've raised this and the developer of the program isn't able to pinpoint why it's happening, so until a solution is found this is a relatively quick way to reset the program.  (If it works for you as well of course)

Hi John, hate to admit it but I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to computers. I opened the task manager - with P3D running and couldn't see the three Central processes or Saturn.exe listed. Do I have another problem causing them to not appear?  Could you help please, thanks. Also does this problem relate to other programs, as I tried to download AI traffic North America this morning and it wont even open/start Central. Beginning to wish I'd stayed with Central v3.

Regards,  

Don  

Thanks Nick. I have reinstalled FTX Central 3and have done the updates, all went okay....until, I still can't install Global Open LC North America. When I attempt to do this, it reverts back To ORBX Central 4 and I get that same error message. Is there a way to get around this?

Don 

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello John,

I did, before I posted.

Here is what happens:

Open

Closed

I think there's an option to close fully or just to minimise.  I think the minimise option is default so I went with that scenario.

Archived