Addon XML or not ...

Just 2 questions about Orbx central :

1) I don't want to use XML addons and I want to continue managing my scenes as I do now with FTX Central: is that possible? (I use Scenery config editor to manage my scenery config).

2) Nevertheless, I see that for ORBX Global it has an interest: that of no longer modifying textures, which would allow me to reinstall my open LC and global products. Is it possible to manage only Global as an XML addon?

Hi

Moving forward, the only way to install to P3Dv4 will be via .xml method as strongly recommended by LM, this will allow the user to reinstall and update the simulator without disturbing other addons.

Any existing items already installed can be left untouched. This includes Global base.

The only way to reinstall Global Base via .xml method would be to reinstall your simulator first.

Thanks Doug, some regret that there is no official response from ORBX team

Personally it will be the end of the purchase for me or at least for P3DV4.

When you have hundreds of scenes that you don't want to activate at the same time (otherwise P3D collapses in performance) it's not manageable.

In addition, the loading of P3D is significantly longer than you have scenes declared in XML method.

Finally, updating P3D with the current system is absolutely not a problem except for Global, which needs to be reloaded. For the rest, so you don't have to reload any scenes.

I regret that we do not consult clients before making an operational decision that we do not really need.

Hello,

1. Doug is a member of the Orbx team, as described over his avatar.

2. xml files are just another way of having a scenery library and can be managed

im the add-ons menu in exactly the same way that they can be in the scenery library.

3. These changes are a direct result of consulting clients.

I might well agree with you but the overwhelming number of clients and indeed

Lockheed Martin themselves do not.

Thanks Nick and sorry for Doug, i didn't noticed he was a moderator !

So that 'it, and a final story for me on P3DV4. Doesnt agree with your Point 2 but that is a personal point of view of course. I use Scenery Config Editor and it's much mor easy when you have to activate many sceneries on a single action.

5 minutes ago, jlsaghaa said:

Thanks Nick and sorry for Doug, i didn't noticed he was a moderator !

So that 'it, and a final story for me on P3DV4. Doesnt agree with your Point 2 but that is a personal point of view of course. I use Scenery Config Editor and it's much mor easy when you have to activate many sceneries on a single action.

You can use Lorby-Si Addon organizer to manage your sceneries in v4. It allows the management for both Scenery.cfg and Add-on.xml files.

Using add-on.xml has a lot of advantages when you're using a lot of 3rd party sceneries, P3D updates and reinstalls are much easier and quicker.

Archived