Elevation problems not fixed after running Global Vector Auto-config

I have a similar elevation problem at Campbell River BC. I have run auto config but the problem was not fixed. I have not tried other airports with elevation problems. The first attempt to run Auto config the program stalled, but the second attempt it seemed to complete.

Well this is all rather odd!

See my other query about P3DV4 constantly requesting activation of add-ons.

I cured this using the latest version of Lorby-Si Add-on Organiser (V1.43 b03.)

This detected all the new ORBX scenery as add-ons and has successfully updated the add-ons.cfg for P3DV4.

It also seems to have fixed the elevation problems, but I cannot explain how.

I literally started up the addon organiser program and then saved the changes it did automatically.

I'm happy, but it may cause some head scratching for the ORBX developers.

Let me know if you require any further info on files etc.

image.thumb.png.fce3984275e2ad60309a90ad0f694a6a.png

Oops - closer inspection shows it's 80% better, but a little hole still near the pumps.

image.thumb.png.8fb177e8b39157489d7ff77395884bfc.png

Hi Nick,

I opened up Vector configuration again and saw that nothing was disabled. I ran auto-config again, it completed and again there was nothing disabled. So I disabled CYBL manually, saved the configuration but continued to have severe elevation issues with CYBL.

Update. I have uninstalled Vector, restarted the computer and installed Vector. When I run Auto-Install now after a few seconds I get an error message that tells me "Access to the path G:\Lockheed Martin\ xxxxx .exe is denied. Each time I try it comes back with a different file. All files are related to MakeRwys for RC and FStarRC .These are Pete Dowson FSUIPC files I believe. They have never caused a problem with Vector AEC before for me.

Since migrating every Orbx product that I own to the "library", it appears that my list of airports in AEC tool has shrunk dramatically. It does not appear to be detecting any airport called by addon.xml. "Auto configuration" doesn't appear to be detecting any airports requiring elevation adjustment, and there certainly was a number of airports in the list prior to the migration of the library.

I can adjust elevation manually by turning bgl's off, but it appears there's definitely something wonky with the tool

29 minutes ago, HammerTime said:

Since migrating every Orbx product that I own to the "library", it appears that my list of airports in AEC tool has shrunk dramatically. It does not appear to be detecting any airport called by addon.xml. "Auto configuration" doesn't appear to be detecting any airports requiring elevation adjustment, and there certainly was a number of airports in the list prior to the migration of the library.

I can adjust elevation manually by turning bgl's off, but it appears there's definitely something wonky with the tool

Same here.

4 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi all,

I don't believe the Vector AEC works out of the box with add-on.xml. This thread appears to have some guidance on how to have it pick things up correctly.

Hi Mitchell,

I can confirm that this process using MakeRunways or the Lorby Addon Organizer works. It's not hard but is a bit cumbersome so I would hope that there is a long term fix already in the works. Thanks for the tip.

Best,

Gerald

Exporting the cfg using the Lorbi method, and then running vector auto-configuration, did not appear to resolve elevation issues at BIKF (Iceland Demo area). No airport moved over to the AEC disabled list (and I knew I had a few prior to moving to the "libraries" method.)

I only picked this one at random because I know it always has elevation issues

EDIT: Used the "makerunways" method instead (after downloading the latest version). Auto-configuration now works and BIFK is in the disabled list (along with many others!) :)

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

BIKF has an elevation adjustment file which needs to be present in wherever Orbx scenery\world\scenery now is.

Vector AEC for BIKF should be disabled, manually if necessary.

In my library there's an AEC_BIFK.inactive file. Is that the one that you're referring to?

zgMLbUW.png

My Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx\p3dv4\Global VECTOR\Scenery\World\Scenery folder is empty (if that's where you're referring to?). If not, could you point me towards the folder in question?

Regards

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you are going to disable Vector AEC, please use the Vector control panel to do so.

I did manage to use the control panel to do so, after using the "makerunways" method.  I have included a screenshot of what my vector files now look like in my post above.

For some odd reason, the default Airport bgl file is the one that I load into and I'm surrounded by terrain. 

This all worked fine before migrating to the new "libraries" method with Orbx Central

BIKF issue lickering grass from the ground goes out as view is above, seems like an elevation sort issue but with grass, I dont use orbx vector, I had uninstalled it way back, idk what the issue is here honestly..correct files placed even the patch bgl but no luck.default bikf has immense elevation issue.

1 minute ago, FlyHardiQ said:

BIKF issue lickering grass from the ground goes out as view is above, seems like an elevation sort issue but with grass, I dont use orbx vector, I had uninstalled it way back, idk what the issue is here honestly..correct files placed even the patch bgl but no luck.default bikf has immense elevation issue.

do I need to disable AECBIKF.bgl in p3d > scenery>world>scenery by any chance?

So am I. Same problem at BIKF.

I tiried also with MakeRwys and Lorbi but nothing has changed.

144631011_DesktopScreenshot2019_08.14-15_45_05_38.thumb.png.05097c1dfc4ea5c59bc8ee22e57e2d16.png

I disabled BIKF manually in AEC:

Cattura.JPG.ce554eb2504286466ac2c6a5ab4ab9fd.JPG

So I have now this folder situation:

2055810454_BIKFVectorFolder.thumb.JPG.1b0914319feabf6c3e94649260003973.JPG

I disabled BIKF also in \World\Scenery\

287350161_worldBIKF.JPG.0c4219e464d07942e5f92517d0c05dd1.JPG

This is my Scenery screenshots (I cutted all the Base stuff). I've tried to disable also Freemesh Europe one, but nothing has changhed.

Scenery1.JPG

Scenery2.JPG

Scenery3.JPG

Scenery4.JPG

Scenery5.JPG

Scenery6.JPG

Scenery7.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, HammerTime said:

EDIT: Used the "makerunways" method instead (after downloading the latest version). Auto-configuration now works and BIFK is in the disabled list (along with many others!) :)

Do you still have to rename the .cfg created by makernwys from makernwys.scenery.cfg to scenery.cfg for Vector to work? Or does it work "out of the box with makernwys newest version?

I'm having exactly the same problems with EGHA Compton Abbas. Searched the forum and found this thread. 

All of my ORBX addons are installed via the XML method if available, including EGHA. I have the latest versions of Central (4.0.10) and Vector (1.6.3). I've ran the auto config but the problem persists and I searched for EGHA in the manual search boxes and EGHA does nto show up, nor are other Orbx addon airfields that have been installed via the XML Library method.

Archived