Assorted observations

paj

In migrating my content to the new Library structure I've encountered the following (possible) issues.

A) The following products can't (yet?) be migrated to the Library and produce "error: no builds available for this product". (I think these are all known current limitations?):

• YBBN
  • YSTW
  • 74S
  • KTEX
  • AU AI Traffic
  • NA AI Traffic

B ) TE Netherlands couldn't be migrated to my Library as it produces "error: cannot read property '0' of undefined" 

C) The following products appeared to migrate to my Library successfully but left behind entries in scenery.cfg and also their original folders+files in <P3D>\ORBX\:

• YBRM
  • ORBXLibs
  • O60
  • PAGS
  • W28
  • WA69

I guess I should delete the old redundant entries/files?

D) The scenery.cfg entry for <P3D>\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA remains, as does the folder and its contents. Is this OLC_AA still required?

13 hours ago, paj said:

A) The following products can't (yet?) be migrated to the Library and produce "error: no builds available for this product". (I think these are all known current limitations?):

These are the products that don't have downloads available yet, and therefore can't be migrated until that's done on our end ;)

14 hours ago, paj said:

B ) TE Netherlands couldn't be migrated to my Library as it produces "error: cannot read property '0' of undefined" 

Can you send your central.log file after this error occurs?

14 hours ago, paj said:

I guess I should delete the old redundant entries/files?

All of those except Orbxlibs are okay to delete (both files and scenery.cfg entries) once you've migrated. I've made of note of these products to test. Orbxlibs can be removed from the scenery.cfg, but the files inside need to remain due to configuration files that exist within it.

14 hours ago, paj said:

D) The scenery.cfg entry for <P3D>\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA remains, as does the folder and its contents. Is this OLC_AA still required?

OLC_AA is shared between a few openLC products and therefore won't be removed after migrating them. You should be able to safely delete it after migrating the openLC products.

Thanks Mitchel,

I've attached the log. If I click either Migrate or Verify on TE-Netherlands I get the "error: cannot read property '0' of undefined" 

If I click either the Migrate or Verify button a second time I get a spinny circular activity icon next to the icon but nothing happens (see log). (Orbx Central is otherwise still responsive)

central.log

This is correct. TE NL can NOT be migrated with ORBX Central, at least not for me. Same error message "error: cannot read property '0' of undefined" 

Also big problems installing it with new Central.

What have the "voluntary" BETA-testers been doing? So many basic bugs not found.

Jack

the Swede inSpain

34 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

What have the "voluntary" BETA-testers been doing? So many basic bugs not found.

Jack

the Swede inSpain

Not nice.  Shows a lack of respect AND a lack of appreciation of the complexity of the program.

Not at all John Dow, just facts and my personal opinion and has nothing to do with the great work the developers have done or the complexity of the program, or respect/appreciation of the developers. Please do not interpret my posting as if I am attacking the developers, but if beta-testers doesn´t even find that some sceneries can not be migrated/installed, AEC dosen´t work and other basic bugs, something must be wrong.  Not going to make an issue here so case closed. 

Jack 

Thanks for the log, I'll attempt to reproduce the TrueEarth issue when I'm back in the office on Monday.

1 hour ago, JJJackson said:

They've been testing. They've made hundreds of reports with all sorts of valuable feedback and been incredibly valuable to the development of Central. We've got hundreds of products and a small team of both internal and external testers. This is still a beta, there will be bugs and there will be issues. This thread is for supporting the issues brought up by paj, any further such comments are off-topic.

Hi Mitchell,

FYI - Whilst I couldn't migrate TE Netherlands to the Library nor verify its files, I discovered I could uninstall it.

So I've now reinstalled it (to the library) without incident and eliminated the "cannot read property '0' of undefined" error I was encountering with TE Netherlands.

Cheers,

Peter.

1 hour ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Thanks Peter.

I think I've narrowed it down a control panel issue in the original FTX Central 3 build. Central restores the original control panel defaults when performing a migration or update, therefore I believe it is crashing when it tries to understand the control panel file.

So is it fixed already that you discovered it or should we hold still?

Cheers

Carlos

Archived