Just purchased EGLC London City - immediately got "missing scenery" error

Basilrug

Hello There.. thanks for any guidance here..

Purchased and installed as usual via FTX Central - no errors - all went normally.

Upon loading I get a "missing scenery" type error..  I looked through my log.txt (attached), but it's too confusing.. I don't know what to look for that is missing or how to fix?

Thanks for any help on this..

P.S. I also updated my ORBX libraries before installing this.

Log.txt

Me also. Before Installing I 1st allowed Orbx Libraries to update and 2nd allowed TEGB South to update (Version 1.1.1 July 2019).

I now have an error message about loading Fairoaks which I have never experienced before along with the new London City 

Attached is the log.txt

Log.txt

Hi guys,

My apologies. As usual, a simple typo causes a world of issues!

The error won't cause any problems other than an annoyance; in the meantime until we get this patched, copy the attached file to your \Custom Scenery\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP folder overwriting what is there.

Cheers,

Greg

Library.txt

Hashtag Me Too - thanks Greg. That worked just fine and no more scenery package error windows coming up.

However, since installing EGLC yesterday, I am getting a lot of stuttering now when flying between EGLL and EGLC. I wonder if it's because my 1Tb SSD drive is getting full? Anyone else getting stuttering problems? It's happening every few seconds at the moment.

5 hours ago, orbmoke said:

Hashtag Me Too - thanks Greg. That worked just fine and no more scenery package error windows coming up.

However, since installing EGLC yesterday, I am getting a lot of stuttering now when flying between EGLL and EGLC. I wonder if it's because my 1Tb SSD drive is getting full? Anyone else getting stuttering problems? It's happening every few seconds at the moment.

If the SSD is your system drive (ie C: drive) then you'll likely start to notice performance issues in all aspects of your PC as it approaches capacity.

Greg

I noticed a lot of stuttering around EGLC when I briefly tried it out last night. 1st time I've experienced stuttering like that in XP11. As it was an exceptionally hot night and the PC sounded like it was throttling up for take-off, I didn't explore any further. 

3 hours ago, Badl4ndz said:

I noticed a lot of stuttering around EGLC when I briefly tried it out last night. 1st time I've experienced stuttering like that in XP11. As it was an exceptionally hot night and the PC sounded like it was throttling up for take-off, I didn't explore any further. 

I think like me, maybe your system 'C' SSD drive is getting rather full? That may be the cause of the stuttering in the sim. I'm shortly going to uninstall TE Washington from my 'C' drive using the present FXCentral software. I'm then going to install the new OrbX Central and try and re-install TE Washington using that, but this time install it into my 3Tb HDD drive. Hopefully that will all work, and hopefully, it will stop any stuttering problems that I have started to experience more recently as the OrbX scenery addons have been coming along.

29 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

I think like me, maybe your system 'C' SSD drive is getting rather full? That may be the cause of the stuttering in the sim. I'm shortly going to uninstall TE Washington from my 'C' drive using the present FXCentral software. I'm then going to install the new OrbX Central and try and re-install TE Washington using that, but this time install it into my 3Tb HDD drive. Hopefully that will all work, and hopefully, it will stop any stuttering problems that I have started to experience more recently as the OrbX scenery addons have been coming along.

Many thanks for your reply. This will clarify the details of my installation.

My system drive (C) is not used for games or sims and is a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD with 368GB of space free. The drive used for XP11 including Orbx and other add-ons is a Samsung 860 EVO SSD with 244GB of space free. London City installation is only nearly 4GB. My issue cannot be a hard drive related problem. My suspicion that it's a London City Airport optimisation  issue or TEGB South  (Version 1.1.1 July 2019) update issue. I note that there is no mention in the Release Announcements for July of a deployment update for XP11 TEGB South. Anyone from Orbx care to comment on this?

1 hour ago, Badl4ndz said:

Many thanks for your reply. This will clarify the details of my installation.

My system drive (C) is not used for games or sims and is a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD with 368GB of space free. The drive used for XP11 including Orbx and other add-ons is a Samsung 860 EVO SSD with 244GB of space free. London City installation is only nearly 4GB. My issue cannot be a hard drive related problem. My suspicion that it's a London City Airport optimisation  issue or TEGB South  (Version 1.1.1 July 2019) update issue. I note that there is no mention in the Release Announcements for July of a deployment update for XP11 TEGB South. Anyone from Orbx care to comment on this?

It looks like that you are correct - I've uninstalled all non UK scenery, so just UK OrbX addons only together with the Windows 10 operating system in my 1Tb SSD 'C' drive. The stuttering is still there and I suspect as you do that the cause is the new EGLC scenery and/or the latest TE South update. There was a 14 second 'stutter' just now as I tried the journey from EGLL to EGLC, so no apparent improvement since uninstalling 6 pieces of non UK scenery.

Anyhow, I'm just going to try re-installing them now in my 3Tb HDD using this new beta OrbX Central installation software.

Watch this space as they say!

SUCCESS (eventually!) A few panic moments to be honest, but I think my mistake was moving the Library to my 'D' drive when I should have left it alone and not moved it from my 'C' drive. The result was loads of 'problem loading the scenery package' windows and loads of scenery missing. I went back to OrbX Central and this time organised to have the library in BOTH my 'C' and 'D' drives. Whether that's the thing to do I'm not sure - BUT IT WORKS! I now have a 50% full drive 'C' compared with about 85% previously. I've checked the sim works with scenery from both drives and everything seems to work very well!

Thanks for this OrbX Central guys - now I can download future TE stuff to my hearts content (until drive D's 3Tb is used up).

But I'll worry about that when I get there!

I had no idea you had to download these libraries. Fixed by Southampton scenery errors which had bugged me for days. Why aren't these included with the GB scenery?  have all GBTE and large airports from ORBX.

Great product by the way. Although the M27 at the end of the runway isn't elevated as it should be. It is with the standard XP airport though. Unless I am doing something wrong?

5 minutes ago, stuartmorley said:

I had no idea you had to download these libraries. Why aren't these included with the GB scenery?

Hello,

the libraries are not required for the TEGB products and so are not "included".

The libraries are required for all the airport products which is why, at the bottom of

each Orbx Direct product page, it clearly states that this is the case and provides the

necessary link.

38 minutes ago, stuartmorley said:

I had no idea you had to download these libraries. Fixed by Southampton scenery errors which had bugged me for days. Why aren't these included with the GB scenery?  have all GBTE and large airports from ORBX.

Great product by the way. Although the M27 at the end of the runway isn't elevated as it should be. It is with the standard XP airport though. Unless I am doing something wrong?

Actually, the M27 is well below the runway level at EGHI as you can see here:

image.thumb.png.b78be3e5456a067c6705ed7092219dc4.png

The orbxlibs are regularly being updated with new objects added or older ones adjusted. Generally speaking, it's only necessary to download them once unless we've added new objects that we intended to use across multiple products - the new static cars and PBR static aircraft a good example. These didn't exist when TEGB was first released.

Greg

Thank both. Apologies , my mistake. I really thought it was higher but you are of course correct.

Only lived here for 20+ years :)

There is one mistake however. I've never seen the M27 with only one vehicle on it :):)

Thanks again for such a quick reply!!

49 minutes ago, stuartmorley said:

There is one mistake however. I've never seen the M27 with only one vehicle on it :):)

Haha! I thought the same. The last it looked like that, there was a fuel strike!

G

50 minutes ago, Greg Jones said:

Haha! I thought the same. The last it looked like that, there was a fuel strike!

G

So very true. Looks like your only a few miles away from me so you'll have the same experiences of the M27 as me!

1 hour ago, stuartmorley said:

So very true. Looks like your only a few miles away from me so you'll have the same experiences of the M27 as me!

Back in the 'old' days, I commuted from Chichester to Eastleigh so I know that bit of road well!

G

3 hours ago, stuartmorley said:

The times that I've flown into Southampton, the M27 has been full both ways. Maybe it's because I have the relevant slider set up at maximum!

23 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the libraries are not required for the TEGB products and so are not "included".

The libraries are required for all the airport products which is why, at the bottom of

each Orbx Direct product page, it clearly states that this is the case and provides the

necessary link.

Probably missing something but I've just installed EGNX and get the 'Could not load properly see the log.txt' thingy.

Checked the product page and can't see any clear statement regarding having to download any library.

EGNX.PNG

Thanks, Nick.

However, when I go into FTX Central and click on the library update available in the bottom left and click install I get a no licence for this product message. It says if it's freeware to go to a link and download but that takes me to a 404 not found page.

update.PNG

licence.PNG

Yes,

firstly, the library link has already been added to the product page, thanks for your report.

Secondly, please log on to Orbx Direct, go to the freeware page and add the Orbx X Plane 11

libraries to your account.

You can then install them using FTX Central.

This is what the last two lines of your error message is trying to tell you to do.

Archived