Refund

Hi Nick / Dough

Would you approve this advise?

Adam

Why don't you delete those scenery config files? Then run the sim for it to create a new one, then close your sim and run FTX Central for it to update the scenery file and then launch the sim and test.

If your Dubai is old version you would have to add it again, as far as I remember, if it is new (installed but the latest method xml) then you'll find it already installed.

I think this option could be useful just to create a healthy scenery file, for Adam to test?

Do you agree/recommend it in this case?

Regards

Carlos

Hello,

FSX and FSX-SE will not work at all unless there is a scenery.cfg file at

C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX or

C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX-SE.

Please return to this:

Untitled.jpg

and untick "Hide extensions for known file types" and click on apply.

Then you should be able to see the file named scenery.cfg.

Thanks,

this one is completely default with no one's addon scenery in it.

I would think that if this is the file from C:\programdata\Microsoft\FSX that you will need to install

the products before they can work.

If it is the file from your FSX root folder then it is not the right one.

Thanks.

I have reordered the scenery library for you, this is how to do it for yourself.

Untitled.jpg

I have attached the modified scenery.cfg file, you can replace yours with this one and try again.

You might see anomalies in Sydney with the FlyTampa landclass entry active.

Scenery.cfg

Hello,

that does indeed look poor.

However, you can be rid of the black squares by following one of the choices in this topic.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/128650-if-you-see-black-shapes-squares-boxes-boards-dots-blobs/

You would also greatly increase the quality of your image if you tick the anti-aliasing box and set anisotropic

filtering in your in-game Display settings window.

You could reduce the autogen density but the lack of it in the distance is a limitation of FSX, not the Orbx product.

But that's the problem I have been talking about the whole time. But if its not loading fully then it is the product at fault. With settings at the highest the product dosent load fully. So how is it that the product isn't at fault.

12 hours ago, Adam.W said:

But that's the problem I have been talking about the whole time. But if its not loading fully then it is the product at fault. With settings at the highest the product dosent load fully. So how is it that the product isn't at fault.

Hi Adam

In other words, the issue is not in Orbx product but FSX limitations to display it correctly and maybe your computer capacity too

Best thing to do is to move to P3D and update your PC the most you can, so you can enjoy the amazing AUS 2

It happened to me with GBS, P3D loaded a black screen, I had to upgrade my PC, currently I can fly it but not smoothly as I need to improve yet my video card

So when the problem is in the sim or PC limitations (or both) there is no refund as it is not the product itself the guilty one

When I had FSX I run out of memory in New York within seconds, just by loading the scenery the sim crashed, since then I simply couldn't continue with FSX.

I am sure that if you improve your sim and pc you'll enjoy AUS 2

Very best,

Carlos

Archived