Hi Caribbflyer,

Yes, those buildings are displaying the new Buildings HD textures, and it looks like your installation is functioning properly.  As Nick suggested, I invite you to do a direct comparison yourself; you should be able to see that the new textures are much more detailed when viewed up close as in shot #1.

• Save a flight with a good view of some buildings, and take a screenshot.
  • Disable BHD (assuming you're running P3D4) by going to Options > Add-ons, and unchecking Orbx Buildings HD, and clicking OK.
  • Restart the sim and load the flight you previously saved; you should see the default textures.  Take a screenshot and compare the Before and After shots; you should notice the new textures with increase in detail, Ambient Occlusions shadows, and (in many cases) better regional authenticity.

I will say that the default Orbx OLC NA textures were already a pretty good representation of North American buildings, but when compared side-by-side I think you will find the new ones to be a definite improvement.

Cheers,

Scott

20 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

In P3D v4 yes, in FSX, no.

In P3D v3, I don't know, does it use the xml method?

I believe it does, but I have looked all over and can't find any mention of Buildings HD or anything close to it. Is there no simple way to determine if was installed or not???

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

I think that it adds a BuildingsHD folder to ORBX\scripts in all cases.

What is in there depends on the simulator.

Yes, I just found in it scripts  and was going to post on here. So it looks like it was installed correctly..

Thanks,

Hi Guys, I have just one question. I am all about ORBX products as they have changed my sim world for the better by ten fold.

I fly high for a virtual airline and usually only see building on short final. I love eye candy and with that being said is "Building HD"

a good buy for me? I fly the 738 exclusively with a SST. 

Thanks..... Mike Stout

It appears everything is working correctly.  The detail in the texture and architecture are better than anything I've seen.  My next question is, does the Buildings setting need to be set to max to see all of the product?  I'm going by what the setup instructions said but I haven't seen any of those fast food restaurants in the screenshots.  I imagine they would be fairly ubiquitous.  Thanks for all the responses.

Regards,

On 7/19/2019 at 10:48 PM, mike stout said:

Hi Guys, I have just one question. I am all about ORBX products as they have changed my sim world for the better by ten fold.

I fly high for a virtual airline and usually only see building on short final. I love eye candy and with that being said is "Building HD"

a good buy for me? I fly the 738 exclusively with a SST. 

Nope. Hardly notice the difference to be honest, sounds good on paper, not when flying though :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived