Why did WA install complete with missing files?

Following a ten hour install, I received a scenery error on startup of xplane. see below.

I followed the forum advise of reinstalling vcredist_x64 and verifying the files.  I don't believe that this was the problem as FTX Central has already installed the UK sceneries without a hitch!

Nevertheless, after performing a  verification, the entire scenery has started to download again.

The currently installed Orthos folder is 49.2Gb, what size should it be?

Thanks

Richard Goldstein

Image2.jpgIma.jpg

Richard and Nick,

I have the exact same issue with TE Washington which I submitted to the forum a few days ago without resolution.

I, too, did all of the same steps suggested by Nick but no help.

I did a MANUAL download and then used FTX to install but no resolution of the "missing files" issue.

Richard did you do a manual download or did you download via FTX?

As we know each download and installation involves 6-8hours.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi

I also had this problem all Saturday and Sunday. 

I was doing the download via FTX Central (which I've used with success for all my previous purchases) but sadly it just didn't work with TE Washington.

Disk space was not my problem.

OK so how did I get it to install and work ok.

1 - Go into X Plane 11 Custom Scenery folder and delete any TE Washington files (for some reason some had installed)

2 - I ran a chkdsk of the HDD where I was trying to install TE Washington. (It found and repaired a Disk error)

3 - I ran FTX Central and deleted all Temp Files. I also have a program called ccleaner which I ran which dumps all temp files etc

4 - Reboot PC and do a Manual zip download and installion. (as detailed in Nicks excellent readme file detailed above)

I hope it works for you all, as it did for me, it's worth it.

Please let me know how you get on.

Edited 13 minutes ago by paulk 
Typo

Archived