installed pd v4.5,loading into the sim,shutting down ?

Gday guys ive just converted over too pdv4.5,ajusted all the settings within the sim to johns estimated settings,i have not installed any orbx stuff yet but will be doing it soon tho,when i press ok too go into the sim it loads up too 45 % percent it closes and dissapears of my destop,the loading app,i can click on the icon again on my destop and same old problem,should i go ahead and install my orbx stuff?is the orbx libries the same as fsx too install into pdv4.5? cheers for your help gents.

and too add too this,even my fsx which is installed on the c drive now dissapears on loading,it was ok before my pdv4.5 install,both sims are doing the same thing? after intalling pdv4.5 ,this pdv4.5 version is installed on drive g,and fsx on drive c,? umm wat is happening?

gday nick i have deleted the fsx scenery cfg file which i found easy withing fsx,but cant seem too find it within pdv4.5? since installing this new sim it has created issues,but anyways im in good hands,your help and support is next too none and im so greatfull for your help,ive installed the new lookheed sim on drive g,away from fsx,i want too direct all my pdv files too ssd drive g but some end up in drive c?where fsx is installed?

Hello,

the scenery.cfg files that you must delete are at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

You should restore the scenery.cfg file that you removed from your FSX folder.

Gday nick I managed too delete the fsx scenery cfg file,but cant find the Lockheed Martin one,I got this sim installed on my drive g and fsx is on drive c the operating system,I tried installing pdv4 orbs Australia too my new pdv4 sim but didnt give me the option too direct it too drive g?I cant find a cfg scenery file for this new sim,since installing pdv4 it has shut down my fsx loading into the sim,the same thing happened when loading the new pdv4 ans gow do I restore my scenery cfg file ?cheers for you help nick.

15592991177461317314526759009422.jpg

Hello,

you need to be looking for C:\programdata\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\scenery.cfg.

If you can't see it, please see this:

Please note that the programdata folder is hidden by default in the Windows File Explorer.

If you cannot see it, please go to your Windows File Explorer view options and check

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

Untitled.jpg

While you are there, untick "Hide extensions for known file types", then you will see scenery.cfg

ive uninstalled pdv4.5 of my system at the moment,now fsx when loading a flight it shuts off about 25% into loading up,i tried installing pdv4 orbx australia into pdv4.5 and it appears after that,that fsx started doing the shut down thing,im not sure if the orbx australia softeware went too drive G where pdv4.5 was installed i cant see it there on the drive G ,ive logged a support ticket there in there forums prepar forum but no response,ive deleted the scenery file cfg in fsx,now what happens about reinstalling it ?because it didnt fix the fsx shutting down issue,any help is much apprieciated cheers.

update after reinstalling pdv4.5 both sims work now,i really dont know wats going on here,?i guess no one else would either?question i have pdv4.5 installed on drive g,how do i direct the orbx installs too drive G in the options thanks,soory for the silly questions,im not to overly tech savey.

Hi Tim,

Currently, using FTX Central 3, the ORBX addons will automatically be installed directly in to your simulator folder, under the folder "ORBX".  If your sim is currently installed on your G Drive then all the ORBX scenery will be too.

Cheers,

gday scott ithankyou very much for your reply mate,so im just trying too get my head arround this my new pdv4.5 is installed on drive G,when i go too add stuff too my :PDV4.5, orbx stuff your saying that the installer will pick location drive G  its location?or will i have too choose where it belongs in the installer app/instructions cheers mate,im new too pdv.4.5 thanks.

5 minutes ago, timmo32 said:

gday scott ithankyou very much for your reply mate,so im just trying too get my head arround this my new pdv4.5 is installed on drive G,when i go too add stuff too my :PDV4.5, orbx stuff your saying that the installer will pick location drive G  its location?or will i have too choose where it belongs in the installer app/instructions cheers mate,im new too pdv.4.5 thanks.

Hi Tim,

All you need to do is choose your simulator when you start FTX Central 3, and you need to do that before FTX Central 3 will open up anyway.  Once that is done, any scenery you install from within FTX Central 3 will automatically be installed inside your simulator main folder, and within the ORBX folder.  You don't have to manually select a location for the scenery to be installed.

Cheers,

easy as scott and doug thankyou very much for your help with this new sim,can any you recommend a slider setting within Pdv4.5 of wat settings too run i know the setting differ from rig to rig i just want the orbx recommendation setting too run a smoth sim without it crashing?my pc specs windows 10-- I7---3770--k ivy bridge OC 4.6 gig,8 gigs of ram,gaming gtx 1060 direct nvida 12,and im running a 1TB evo 860 ssd cheers gents.

HI Tim,

I use a number of different profiles depending on what and where I am flying eg GA in a rural area, Airliners etc.  Just take a few minutes before you start a new type of flight and go through your settings and increase or decrease them based on the requirements for that type of flight and aircraft you are using.  Once you have a few settings profiles saved you obviously need to just choose one from the drop down box in the "Options/Display" page before your flight, just as you choose an aircraft and a location to fly.

There are also a number of good youtube videos on P3DV4 settings, so check some of them out too.

That being said, here are some settings to get you started which should be pretty good performance wise.

OLYciDR.jpg

7zaOADX.jpg

CsjlpiZ.jpg

wqmXudn.jpg

P2tRcBj.jpg

Cheers,

Archived