airport scenery incompatibility

All,

I found a strange anomaly with Zurich airport. All buildings seem to be not properly aligned with the taxiways and parking positions.

I tried the following.

1. Installed an airport from the internet and used the ADE method as described by Nick in his message from September 2017. It worked except for the fact that I get the buildings twice. Once in the right position, but also still in the same position as on the picture enclosed. Would seem logical as Zurich is also added via the Addon Scenery.

2. I tried to single the problem out by deleting and backing up the p3d scenery file mentioned by ADE as the file for Zurich. (APX50150.bgl). And deleting the Addon Scenery file for Zurich. I expected Zurich to be displayed as a very basic airport or perhaps non existant. The result is then as on the picture.

Is there an ORBX file which is then displayed and could that be changed to properly align the airport buildings?

I understand that you will not go into details on how to build airports and changing files in Prepar3D, but what I am looking for is some guidance how to solve this strange problem.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Hans

LSZH.jpg

Hello Carlos,

The problem is only solved in sofar as the positioning of the buildings is concerned. I get an extra problem, that trees are sticking out of the tarmac and that the runway is partly visible from the pilot's eye, higher up it is there. Also the E-concourse does not show.

I am still trying, but thought I'll mention this to you already.

Regards

Hans

Hello Hans

Would you mind posting a picture for better reference please?

This way administrators con check better the issue

Have you searched in the compatibility forum as recommended by Doc-Z? Sometimes you find details in there related or precise that can help. Worth trying

We'll wait for the picture

Regards,

Carlos

Sorry Carlos,

I thought of doing it the easier way and assumed that a description would suffice.

Here are the pictures with the ORBX files turned off as per your suggestion.

By the way, I did run the AEC tool and pushed the apply button.

I also checked the compatibility forum. But I could only find issues with regard to add-ons. I don't have add-ons of the providers mentioned. I have installed: Vector, OLC Europe, Germany South and FSGU-NG.

Regards

Hans

LSZH - ORBX files 1.jpg

LSZH - ORBX files 2.jpg

LSZH - ORBX files 3.jpg

Hello,

please restore APX50150.bgl

Can you specify which "airport from the internet" you are trying to use please?

Otherwise, we are all just guessing.

It it clear that there is no airport background and no exclude.

It may not be correctly installed and you could therefore be seeing both the airport from the internet and the airport from P3D.

Hello Nick,

I had restored APX50150.bgl when the pictures were taken.

I also had no add-on installed.

The one I tried was: Kloten/Zurich Airport (LSZH) Switzerland by Ray Smith.

Thanks

Hello,

Yes I saw that. I could not find any other possibility and as I have had positive results with other FSX airports, I thought I'd give it a try.

I did uninstall it as it indeed did not work. Leaving me with the same problem.

Hello Nick,

I see the first picture. What happened? I don't understand why I had the situation which started this discussion with the same files active. Very strange.

One can say it's been solved, but it remains very strange.  I don't understand this.

Thanks very much Nick

Regards

Hans

Archived