Introducing Orbx Central: Easy Installation, For Everyone

You should include maps here - those showing every available airfield and terrain area by ORBX geographical areas as well as showing highlighted entries for those products owned by each customer (much like the way I can see on your product list which I own and which I do not). This would allow us to 1) see what is available 2) be able to find new airfields near to ones we already own so we could find appropriate places to fly to  3) see at a glance which areas we currently own (because these would be highlighted) to be able to plan flights to our favorite most detailed airfields/areas.

You had these in the past, as evidenced by these 2 sample maps, which I had had way back in 2015 or so.

Map of ORBX GB custom airfields.JPG

Map of ORBX North American custom airfields.JPG

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hopefully we will be notified when end of support for FTX Central v3 occurs.

For now, I see both FTX Central and 'Central' are available for download.

Also good to know for those that do local scenery backups - apparently Central cannot install from FTX Central zip files, as it uses c4 files. 

17 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Hopefully we will be notified when end of support for FTX Central v3 occurs.

For now, I see both FTX Central and 'Central' are available for download.

Also good to know for those that do local scenery backups - apparently Central cannot install from FTX Central zip files, as it uses c4 files. 

Yeah, after trying Orbx Central twice, I've gone back to FTX Central twice, can't live without the Lights Configurator. I don't own, nor will I own, Global, so I'm hoping my backups will be functional even after support for FTX Central dies. Does FTX Central require anything other than logging in if you have backups?

54 minutes ago, patful said:

Yeah, after trying Orbx Central twice, I've gone back to FTX Central twice, can't live without the Lights Configurator. I don't own, nor will I own, Global, so I'm hoping my backups will be functional even after support for FTX Central dies. Does FTX Central require anything other than logging in if you have backups?

I currently purchased 6 new scenery packs for FSX (all have been out and available for over a year at least ) and the 'manual download via Central' key in my account, which I use to generate my backup files' now gave me 'c4' files and not the 'WinRAR zip' files I got before. Apparently the older 'FTX Central v3' uses the zip files but cannot make use of the c4 files, whereas the new 'Central' uses c4 files, but cannot make use of zip files.

I now see many hours spent creating local zip file backups of each of my Orbx sceneries rendered as going to waste by upgrading to 'Central' - unless the Orbx staff somehow come up with a patch or something.

Orbx Central forum is also quite active with various things users have brought up, .. seems to me best is to wait for now. Why fix something when it ain't broke ?     

Archived