Introducing Orbx Central: Easy Installation, For Everyone

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Anthony96 said:

what do u mean closed beta for win10

closed beta means they are still testing the newest version of Central, and that it is not yet released to the general public. 

EDIT: Doug beat me to the answer

i'm using the new central now (it also got my pc rid of the old central). works, looks and feels very stable to me. not to mention it's fantastic. thank you devs.

edit: someone somewhere else said the new central would give customers the ability to generate a map of all purchased airports, scenery etc. I wasn't able to find that feature

The Vector Configurator including AEC is still there and works. In my case it's sitting under

J:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool.exe

even after uninstalling FTX Central 3.

Kind regards, Michael

last time I tried the new orbx central. vector aec was working. but i logged on again just now to confirm. and i can confirm that vector aec is working with the new central, and all modifications I've done to it previously is still intact.

On 7/31/2019 at 9:39 AM, KaiUweWeiss said:

I wasn't able to use or activate OF2. So I went back to V3 and now it is back again.

Kai

Hi

How well you did?

Had you migrated all and then returned to FTX Central?

I want to return too, I think I fly more than anyone, I even spend my whole weekend on the sim and I can't fly in many places smoothly as I used to do, not willing to pass through this. Once it is 100% working as intended I will have to migrate again but currently is too unstable for me.

Regards

Carlos

Just a quick question. How do we manage scenarios where scenery library priority comes into play? Like for instance. Flight beam KSFO needs to be above the ORBX Nor cal entry, not because of the Addon.xml Orbx sits above all of my other scenery. 

Just 2 questions about Orbx central :

1) I don't want to use XML addons and I want to continue managing my scenes as I do now with FTX Central: is that possible? (I use Scenery config editor to manage my scenery config).

2) Nevertheless, I see that for ORBX Global it has an interest: that of no longer modifying textures, which would allow me to reinstall my open LC and global products. Is it possible to manage only Global as an XML addon?  

On 8/14/2019 at 2:09 AM, Whisper said:

1 question; is there a way to migrate all my products in one shot to the new library (out of P3D) or must i do it one by one?

Hi Whisper,

I would actually recommend you do not migrate all your products if you have everything working fine now. We'll be adjusting the messaging in Central to make this more clear for everyone.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, jlsaghaa said:

1) I don't want to use XML addons and I want to continue managing my scenes as I do now with FTX Central: is that possible? (I use Scenery config editor to manage my scenery config).

This is not possible with the current version of Orbx Central. But we will re-introduce this functionality in an update soon.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, jlsaghaa said:

2) Nevertheless, I see that for ORBX Global it has an interest: that of no longer modifying textures, which would allow me to reinstall my open LC and global products. Is it possible to manage only Global as an XML addon?  

This is not possible yet, there is an unresolved bug in Prepar3D itself that will cause issues with installing Global in an add-on package. We will be updating Central shortly to prevent this.

5 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:
On 8/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, jlsaghaa said:

This is not possible with the current version of Orbx Central. But we will re-introduce this functionality in an update soon.

Whoo-hoo! If this is really going to happen it will be great news. I've never understood the obsession to utilise the add-on xml technique, particularly for scenery that doesn't do anything hugely complicated. It is totally possible to install such stuff outside the sim root directory anyway and still use scenery.cfg techniques to manage it, so I don't know why LM has such a bee in its bonnet about stopping this being done.  It's not so much using XML, it's the way LM decided to implement it that makes it a pain.

So big thanks to you for this amendment.

Hi all,

Orbx Central v4.0.6 was recently released with a plethora of improvements and bug fixes - including the ability to install scenery into Prepar3D's folder without using add-on packages.

For more information and to see what we're still working on, please see the topic here: 

Hi Ben

Just to let you know I installed TE Oregon without any issues. Every good software product goes through a few "growing" pains and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it works.

Just a small suggestion for consideration when you do the next update .  

Would it be possible to consider moving the "logout" button from where it is to the main screen please. When I went to logout , I found it a bit confusing trying to locate it.  Went to settings and it wasn't there, got out the manual and found  where it was.  I just didn't expect that it would be under my name , which is a nice new feature with its added information btw. I liked it. :)

Overall 10/10 - you've done a great job on this one!

Cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Gudday Ben,

During the closed beta for Orbx Central I created a Central Library for P3D, XP11 and Aerofly FS2 on a 1TB SSD. I'd like to move this Library to a 2TB SSD I just bought, can you outline the best way to do this so that Orbx Central (and my sims of course) will see it all once it's on the new 2TB SSD? Is it just a matter of moving the Central Library folder across then pointing to it from withing Orbx Central?

Thanks mate!

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, DragoB said:

Hello, may I implement a suggestion for central perhaps? Could you include a map overview of your airports in for example europe and some scenery coverage? Many of us, when we are flying and buying airports like to see what our possible destinations and departures could be for all our freeware/payware. This would help immensely and even probably get you more of the green ;)

I agree with this entirely. FAR in the past, 2014-15 or so, I was somehow able to print out a map of all of the ORBX geographical areas showing all of the available airfields. This allowed me to pick out other airports near the ones that I already had as well as providing a handy reference to see where I could, in detail, start from. In the meantime you also have national parks and special terrain areas. Having such maps would be an indispensable aid to your customers.

Map of ORBX GB custom airfields.JPG

Map of ORBX North American custom airfields.JPG

Archived