Update for YBBN please

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Google Earth suggests that there is a lot going on at Brisbane airport.

1.jpg

You could change the runway designation yourself with the Airport Design Editor.

2.jpg

Indeed the product is a candidate for a full revision but while there is real world work in progress, that would seem a little premature?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay Nick - been out of country for a while.

Yes there is work going on BUT the ground layout etc is known already. I keep on about little things like the missing link on Bravo - that was filled in probably 10 years ago and no update in 10 years?

It cant be too hard to read  data- there is already an extremely accurate version including all the parallel runways etc for XPlane 11 - and its freeware!

Also how does a user stand editing payware? Isnt that a breach of the EULA?

And most compelling for me is I have no idea how to use the ADE.

Hello,

I can tell you that it is recognised that this product is indeed in need of a new version.

As I am sure you know, there is a very great deal going on in the development side but

there is an intention to add an upgrade to YBBN in 2020.

Note that this is not an undertaking and there is no ETA.

Nick thanks for the information on this and I do appreciate it.

So....Ive installed ADE but have no idea what I am looking for to try to fix the runway numbering and missing taxiway at YBBN. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate that.

I try opening BGL files in ADE but all I get is an error saying no airport in this file.

Are these files in the ORBX directory in P3D (v4.5)?

First to admit Im a numpty but willing to have a crack

• 7 months later...
On 10/3/2019 at 9:19 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I can tell you that it is recognised that this product is indeed in need of a new version.

As I am sure you know, there is a very great deal going on in the development side but

there is an intention to add an upgrade to YBBN in 2020.

Note that this is not an undertaking and there is no ETA.

Morning Nick et al.

Well the new version of YBBN arrived with no changes.

Still no complete taxiway as discussed.

Really poor from the developer.

If its been upgraded to cater for P3Dv5 then it coudnt have been too hard for an expert developer to drop in 500M of concrete surely!

Poor customer service on this airport. Its souther cousin YMML has been updated at least twice from recollection.

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Morning Nick et al.

Well the new version of YBBN arrived with no changes.

Still no complete taxiway as discussed.

If its been upgraded to cater for P3Dv5 then it coudnt have been too hard for an expert developer to drop in 500M of concrete surely!

Poor customer service on this airport. Its souther cousin YMML has been updated at least twice from recollection.

Orbx airports have always been and always will be point in time airports.

If a particular developer decides to update an airport, then that's their choice, however there is no requirement for a developer to modify an airport other than to keep it compatible with updates to the flight simulator such as the upgrade to P3D.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

As John has stated, the V5 update was merely to make the airport compatible to P3D V5. This work took some time and was offered free of charge.

To carry out a complete update of this airport to reflect the current layout will involve many hundreds of hours development time. A considerable portion of this time will be spent on the ground poly which will be hand painted and cannot commence until the actual runways and taxiways are all finished.

This project is on the to-do list but will not be available for some time yet. After all the opening of the new runway is still some two months away.     

1 hour ago, Graham Eccleston said:

As John has stated, the V5 update was merely to make the airport compatible to P3D V5. This work took some time and was offered free of charge.

To carry out a complete update of this airport to reflect the current layout will involve many hundreds of hours development time. A considerable portion of this time will be spent on the ground poly which will be hand painted and cannot commence until the actual runways and taxiways are all finished.

This project is on the to-do list but will not be available for some time yet. After all the opening of the new runway is still some two months away.     

Graham and John thank you for your comment. All of which I understand.

However nice a total work over would be with parallel runway etc, that's NOT what I have been asking for in the posts I have made. All I would really like is to have the one piece of concrete dropped in to complete taxiway B which was done some 12 years ago!! That would not take hundreds of hours I am am sure.

And I think you will find the actual runway and taxiways are finished.

Thank you both for your input.

Archived