[PNW Splash Screens Released] from Mozzgrafix

Maurice_King

Hi Maurice, Thanks for the set but I am having problem at the end of the installer. It ask which option do you want but there is nothing in the window to check and I don't get a desktop icon to access the program. I am not sure where it gets installed in FSX. Thanks for help.

Hi Maurice, Thanks for the set but I am having problem at the end of the installer. It ask which option do you want but there is nothing in the window to check and I don't get a desktop icon to access the program. I am not sure where it gets installed in FSX. Thanks for help.

I had the same problem: no checkable option on the final installer screen and nothing but the uninstaller in the start menu folder. I had to browse to the folder where the application installed itself and create a shortcut to the executable (which I then dropped into the start menu folder and all was well with the world).

They're great splash screens, so I hope the above helps!

Cheers, Iain

Same thing Maurice:  they installed, then no options or desktop icon and I can't find them in the UIRES folder, where I have a third-pary splash screen labelled 'dlgsplash', and is working.

A search of the entire computer still hasn't located the installation folder.

Maurice:  if there had only been a readme!  I found it in the UIRES folder in a folder called Orbx_splash, and in that found the randomiser.  I have put a shortcut on the desktop and all is well.

I was fooled by the download title of Mossgrafix.  Great work.

Unfortunately the randomiser does not work with Win 7 by the looks of things.

and there are instructions in the installer panels I thought.

There isn't an option in the installer for the ICON but the program should do this I'll check and rebundle All together in a new installer, this week.

Hi Maurice,

I have OZX randomiser already installed, will there be a clash between it and yours? Is it possible to port your bmp files into the OZX splash randomiser so can have both sets of pictures?

taph

I don't think there would be any issues with the randomiser that you have as I think it is essentially the same but may be a later version.

My the next Splash Screen issue,  if time allows will be a Pack of Screen shots for those that want just the Splash Screens that can be installed wherever the person wishes and an updated pack that will install with the  randomiser and FSX Launcher in a sub-directory under the UIRES folder.

Not a problem to use Mozz's great PNW shots in the OZx randomizer. I simply added them to the collection and now enjoy the best of both worlds.

Works a treat.

Cheers

Archived