NZMF Milford Sound Airport - CTD

Hi

I'm having problems with NZMF

First when I was at the runway there is a fence on the left, when I start the run the fence disappears...

8fI2F3T.jpg

xDDuwO7.jpg

Also, the ground textures look a bit odd to me but maybe I have not paid attention to that before.

ilfmqY5.jpg

uwTeBEu.jpg

I run the verify tool just in case and now when the sim starts ( I have set the external view on the left back side) when I change to back side to view the run way from the back of the plane the sim freezes and simply closes.

Restarted, same thing except that this time didn't close just remained frozen until I did the control +alt+delete otherwise I would be still waiting.

Any clue?

Thanks

Carlos

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Carlos

Might be worth doing a full uninstall and reinstall of the airport.

Hi Doug

Thank you for replying

I'll proceed accordingly and will revert with resiults

Cheers

Carlos

Hi again

I-m having the same issue with Wellington from Flightbeam, it freezes for a while when changing views in external view.

I've been in contact with them about it but they say their product is fine

If I uninstall NZWN my Milford Sound still shows the same behavior despite I totally uninstalled and reinstalled it

Only happen in these two

Thank you

Hi Carlos,

I had similar problems with the FB Wellington. Did you run their "troubleshooting tool" in the FB manager? You need to deactivate (switch to "green") all conflicts found by the troubleshooting tool. This solved the trick for me with Wellington. 

As Milford Sound is also in NZ, I suspect that the problem you observe, may be a problem of the Wellington installation. I just checked in my v4.5 that Milford Sound is performing perfect.

8 minutes ago, BrianV said:

Hi Carlos,

I had similar problems with the FB Wellington. Did you run their "troubleshooting tool" in the FB manager? You need to deactivate (switch to "green") all conflicts found by the troubleshooting tool. This solved the trick for me with Wellington. 

As Milford Sound is also in NZ, I suspect that the problem you observe, may be a problem of the Wellington installation. I just checked in my v4.5 that Milford Sound is performing perfect.

Hi Brian

Thank you very much for your collaboration and concern

Yes, the update of Wellington is done and the troubleshooting tool in the FB manager is run, all according to the procedures.

When I uninstalled I verified that every Orbx bgl was ON again and effectively it happened.

But even if I uninstalled it my MS shows the same behavior, plus the fence missing when on the run and the textures become strange on the ground

I'm doing a clean install of P3D and Orbx products and then will test my MS.

After that I'll install Wellington as the only third pty addons in addition to test and report.

Any way I sent them all they requested.

So I'll let you know if by the clean install my amazing MS gets fixed.

Just as reference the FB manager puts all of these bgls off

k0N8ICZ.jpg

Thank you

I'll keep you posted.

Carlos

Hi

Just tested NZMF again and no freezing this time when changing views but the fence does disappear while on the run

And just have a very fresh P3D install with nothing else that Orbx added

Both NZ passed through the verification files tool

NZMF was reinstalled

mlFEtng.jpg

G1d0pRB.jpg

Now my first flight when I had the freeze at the end of the airstrip was with default settings in P3D, the second one when the fence goes away is with my personalized setting. I'l test is by going back to default something changes

Cheers

Carlos

Interesting

If I use the default P3D settings then the freezes happens at the end of the airstrip before taking off but the fence is also gone. Odd

Could the freezing be cause by the fence/mesh escaping off the scenery?

I'm so confused here

With fence at start

SYH1mGM.jpg

with fence on the run

d8PYf8C.jpg

it freezes here

Ip8zQ5z.jpg

Very back in the bottom the fence is gone and ground textures look strange

igKfGAX.jpg

I won't test Wellington for now until this is clear so we don't create a relationship between the products

Hope you can advise

Cheers

Carlos

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Carlos

I can confirm that with P3Dv4.4 the fence disappears. But when I change up to the v4.5 client the fence and the rest of NZMF works perfectly.

Hi Doug

Thank you very much for this confirmation.

I have not updated to 4.5 yet as it seems to cause some trouble.

How is your experience with 4.5, please?

I was considering to wait for the update to 4.5

Why do this happen in NZMF from a version to another? seems strange

Thank you!

Carlos

My 4.5 experience is not that great, so I have been back and forth with the client many times testing and experimenting.

The disappearing scenery issue was actually reported many times with v4.4 for other airports as well and v4.5 was advertised as the fix, as apparently v4.3 had none of these problems. So it's not just NZMF.... and Orbx is not the problem. I think LM keep moving the goal posts on the developers.

3 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

My 4.5 experience is not that great, so I have been back and forth with the client many times testing and experimenting.

The disappearing scenery issue was actually reported many times with v4.4 for other airports as well and v4.5 was advertised as the fix, as apparently v4.3 had none of these problems. So it's not just NZMF.... and Orbx is not the problem. I think LM keep moving the goal posts on the developers.

Hi Doug

Thanks for sharing.

I'll test Wellington then and if something is wrong, well I have two options, get back to FB or definitely wait for the update to 4.5

I hope the new test draw good results.

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Doug

I just discovered something! :o

It might be useful for the developers

If you fly NZMF with the default settings of the product just as it installs the fence remains and there is no problem at all with the scenery

But if you change to level 2 in the options and tick the Orcans, dolphins etc, remove the phone then the fence and textures change when the plane is on the run

Could Andreas Hegi & Heiko Glatthorn  check this amazing scenery in depth?  I remember I was once walking around with the avatar and I had a frozen butterfly just there, not moving at all near the main building where the dog and the two gents are.

Didn't this scenery have a barking dog sound? or am I confusing it with another?

If the problem takes place by changing the configuration in the control panel then I don't think it is a P3D issue, or is it?

Would you mind testing yours to confirm?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi, I had the same problem with NZMF some time ago. Whenever I started rolling out of the parking area, the fence disappeared after a while, a few buildings behind too, as well as the vegetation between the runway and the taxiway. I was completely desperate.
I had then completely uninstalled the AutogenConfigurationMerger because of another autogenous error and uninstalled the two sceneries NZNS and NZDN from Godzone. After that, everything was fine again in NZMF.
Therefore the question:
Have you installed the ACM and the Godzone sceneries?

10 hours ago, MikeFlight said:

Hi, I had the same problem with NZMF some time ago. Whenever I started rolling out of the parking area, the fence disappeared after a while, a few buildings behind too, as well as the vegetation between the runway and the taxiway. I was completely desperate.
I had then completely uninstalled the AutogenConfigurationMerger because of another autogenous error and uninstalled the two sceneries NZNS and NZDN from Godzone. After that, everything was fine again in NZMF.
Therefore the question:

Hi MIke

Interesting

I did had ACM but as I did a full reinstall I deleted everything related to ACM

Never had installed Godzone sceneries

It is strange as it didn't happen before...

I think it will get fixed someday

Thank you for your concern

Happy weekend

21 hours ago, MikeFlight said:

Therefore the question:

Mike, have you updated Prepar3d to 4.5? This fixed this issue, which appears to have been some bug in 4.4. There is nothing in the Godzone scenery which has ever affected NZMF.

Thanks Rob.

I had initially updated to the P3Dv4.5, but then I'm back to version 4.4, since the frames have been greatly reduced in various scenarios. So I'm waiting for the announced fix from LM and try again.

However, the problem with NZMF with me is also fixed in 4.4, after which I had completely uninstalled the ACM, NZDN and NZNS.
Why this is so, I can not answer.

I will install the two Godzone sceneries again in version 4.5. Is there a possibility that the ACM does not automatically install itself? I do not want to have that on my system anymore. He mixed up a lot of the autogen definitions with me and I still had another missing autogenes in some ORBX area sceneries like Germany North and South.

I have some sceneries that require the ACM

Actually when I first found it I didn't even know which scenery installed it (and I still don't know) so I think that at some stage when installing back my stuff it will happen

I hope P3D v4.5 reloaded or higher would fix it all.

Thanks

Cheers

Archived