TrueEarth Great Britain South - X-Plane 11 - Be Advised-Fails to Start

From the topic I posted above.

1. If when you start X Plane 11, you see this message ,

ORBX GB South XPlane11.JPG

or the same white text on a blue background

Untitled.jpg

then it may be that the file conversion is not complete.

This can be resolved by

a. running "Verify Files" which will restart the conversion process, OR

b. downloading Convert.cmd, placing it into

• X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB South)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB North)
  • X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos\textures    (for TE GB Central)

and then running it as an Administrator.

For reference:

• the fully installed TE GB South textures folder should contain 12098 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB Central textures folder should contain 7333 files and there should be no .jpg files
  • the fully installed TE GB North textures folder should contain 13586 files and there should be no .jpg files 

14 minutes ago, Horace Rumpole said:

I did that, 

Have you installed the 

2. Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 must be installed before the installation has been started.

It is free of charge and can be downloaded here.

Thanks for the update.

Yes, perhaps, although 132gb is very close to the advertised 127gb required, taking into consideration the drive does always require a certain percentage of it's capacity in free space to even operate.

• Richard Lincoln changed the title to TrueEarth Great Britain South - X-Plane 11 - Be Advised-Fails to Start

Hello,

the troubleshooting topic is quite clear about how much disk space is required.

As you have not indicated where you are attempting to install the product, assuming

that it is onto your C drive then 132 GB of free space is not enough to accomodate

127 GB of installed product and the minimum of 52 GB also needed for the installer to run.

18 hours ago, Horace Rumpole said:

Yes is installed, thanks

For the record I have 132G free disk space, does your install process maybe need more that it says on the tin?

Will try once more tomorrow

Horace

Hi Horace,

Have you tried moving your temp download location in FTX Central to another drive with more available space (see image attached)? 

Kind regards,

FTX - temp download loc.jpg

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the troubleshooting topic is quite clear about how much disk space is required.

As you have not indicated where you are attempting to install the product, assuming

that it is onto your C drive then 132 GB of free space is not enough to accomodate

127 GB of installed product and the minimum of 52 GB also needed for the installer to run.

Well a new bigger SSD fixed it, pity the installer program did not warn me.

Scenery is great, good job from the curators and well worth the time to install.

Pity the (lidar I guess) data used as a reference cannot distinguish between water towers and tower blocks!

Archived