- Upload COMPLETED -- Step 2 in effect now!!

John Venema

Hello all,

The master RTM build is now being uploaded to the CDN. Whilst this is the second last step before release to pre-pay, I must give you a heads up.

Step 1 - Basically, Australian ISPs offer very poor and unreliable upload speeds, sometimes as low as 30-50KB/sec. This means the upload is going to take at least 10 hours, and if it fails, we resume and hold our breath. Adrian is going to have a long, sleepless night, that much I do know.

Step 2 - our testing team need to download the 4.21GB installer and give us 3-greens that it's all working. That's another 3-4 hours.

So ... things are tight, but I wanted to be upfront and honest with you guys - if all goes to plan we may even release to pre-pay earlier than planned. If it does not, then there may be a slight delay.

Either way, we are done with the product and now are playing a waiting game.

Can I ask a favour though?  Please can you refrain from continual "when?" and "how long?" posts. I have explained it all in black and white above, and now you are in the picture. Thanks in advance everyone! :)

Yours in updates.

I will be keeping Adrian company tonight while it is uploading, we will babysit the file going to the main CDN, after that it needs to be SSH'ed to other server for maximum spread... so it'll be a long long 48 hours :) Exciting though!

Top post adjusted with the following info:

[uPLOAD PROGRESS EDITED AT 1717 SYDNEY TIME, FEBRUARY 26TH 2010]

19.5% at 82KB/s with 12:17 hours to go

Adrian, find an online game we can play tonight when I join you, I would not suggest chess, I will beat you at that hehehehe

Thank you for your hard work,

now it is FSXmas vor me ;D ;D ;D, can´t wait, felling like a child on christmas ;D ;D ;D Good luck with the upload and much fun playing chess at midnight ;D ;D ;D

By the way, this community is far the best in FSX world. It helped me so much.

Thx for all and greetings to the community :D

cheers Uwe

Guest J van E

5 hours to go, 3 to 4 hours needed for step 2... that's about 9 to 10 hours all in all, while it's still some 19 hours to go for the pre-payers... Looking good! Well, no, not looking good as far as uploading speed is concernted, or course, but looking good for us pre-payers.

Appreciate the frequent updates!!! :)

EDIT:

Oh, I see I posted my post and hour and a half after Adrian did: looking even better! ;)

Posted Image

LOL!

Also, it must suck to have such slow broadband in Australia. I guess living in the United States with our cable infastructure we take for granted our 18M down / 2 M up connections (with no size or bandwidth caps) that are available... Go Capitalism!

Pff, that's nothing. I've got 25M down / 20 M up.  ;)

But try going to Korea or Japan. They've all got 100 M down!

Anyway, I wasn't going to prepay, but the chance that it might come out even earlier than 24 hours for those who did changed my mind. All prepaid and ready to download!

Thanks John for being forthright and honest, I wish all developers (for anything and everything) were this straight forward!

;D

+1

+2  ( or maybe +400...honesty and straightforwardness mean so very much)

and I had no idea youall had such slow upload speeds.

my DL is about 300k.  I do about 1Gig per hour.  It used to take me 4 hours to download a 2Gig movie but I decided to pay more.

and re: Carlton - thats hilarious...glad to see it again

....time is so slow... ;D ;D

...the seconds passing by....

...time to update my profile...

...I should put my alarm on 12 pm (GMT+1); may be the download will be ready for prepay customers ;D

Excuse me for a few words in my native language:

Vielen Dank für Ihre harte Arbeit. Ich bin seit Beginn ein Kunde und ein Fan Ihrer Produkte und ich finde sie

absolut sensationell. Sie sind ihr Geld voll und ganz wert. Auch Ihre Produktunterstützung hier im Forum ist

sehr gut; ich kenne keine bessere. Vielen Dank für die schönen Stunden, die ich beim Flug über Australien hatte.

Mein Vertrauen ist so groß, dass ich ohne Zögern auch PNW gekauft habe. Ich bin mir zu 100% sicher, dass es toll ist.

Danke auch an den Rest der Community für die Beiträge im Forum. DIe Beiträge haben mir oft geholfen.

Cheers Uwe

At christmas my kids like to track Santa's progress around the world with noradsanta.org.  Right now, I'm getting that "track santa" feeling watching the upload progress.  I feel like a kid on christmas eve!

Good analagy!  Downloading the file would be like opening the present and then we get to play with it!  Yeah!

Stiletto2

Guest bliksimpie

Awesome guys..!

Thanks for all the hard work and long hours you guys put it. We also appreciate the feed back.. That is what make John and his team such an outstanding bunch. 

Vielen Dank für Ihre harte Arbeit. Ich bin seit Beginn ein Kunde und ein Fan Ihrer Produkte und ich finde sie

absolut sensationell. Sie sind ihr Geld voll und ganz wert. Auch Ihre Produktunterstützung hier im Forum ist

sehr gut; ich kenne keine bessere. Vielen Dank für die schönen Stunden, die ich beim Flug über Australien hatte.

Mein Vertrauen ist so groß, dass ich ohne Zögern auch PNW gekauft habe. Ich bin mir zu 100% sicher, dass es toll ist.

Danke auch an den Rest der Community für die Beiträge im Forum. DIe Beiträge haben mir oft geholfen.

Cheers Uwe

Danke für Deine  netten Worte, Uwe  :)! Auf PNW kannst Du Dich freuen!

Grüsse

Archived