Some autogen items not appearing.

I lost a huge number of downtown Las Vegas buildings.   They are unrelated to KLAS.   It was just flat tiles.  I also noticed that custom buildings in Phoenix are also gone such as the football stadium near the KPHX.

This has not been a timely report since they have been missing for some time.  I am just now trying to figure out what happened.  I have looked through every file I can think of to no avail.

Has something like this happened before and is there a fix?

Thanks, I converted it into a file that we can read easier.

I see that the default Las Vegas and your Orbx SCA region is unchecked\deactivated in your scenery library, have you tried with them activated?

I would also recommend reactivating the other default entries.

Hi guys,

The LM forum (as well as another forum I don't feel like mentioning) have a number of reports of missing autogen in P3D v4.4 It's not an Orbx specific issue but at least the LM team is aware of it.

If you want to experiment, here's one thing you can try:

In the Prepar3D.cfg, under [Scenery] change from the default 

AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=2  

to

AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=1

This can  potentially have a performance hit because if can force more autogen to appear. I'd be curious to hear if AUTOGEN_BATCH_LOD=1 helps at all.

Hi there,

also, I see the "USCitiesX-LasVegas" entry in your scenery.cfg. Since it's at higher priority than the FTX SCA entries it may be involved in the issue. What happens when you deactivate that entry?

We have a post about this add-on in the SCA compatibility index --https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107874-sca-compatibility-index/ -- though I don't think even without the listed adjustments it would cause buildings to disappear.

I assume you've checked that your scenery complexity slider is at maximum as it regulates the display of custom objects?

Cheers, Holger

Hi guys.  Yes, I have tried all the slider adjustments.  The disappearance of the Las Vegas scenery happened before I installed Aerosoft Cities.  In fact, I loaded Aerosoft Cities LV BECAUSE the default scenery was gone.  Interestingly, the Luxor Hotel is still missing even with the Aerosoft LV even though it clearly shows up in their product photos.  I intend to purchase the upcoming KLAS so it is not a huge issue.  I am confused and concerned as to what caused portions of the default scenery to disappear.  

I welcome suggestions of possible fixes and causes.  I am away from my Sim for a week so all experimentation will have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:    After updating to P3Dv4.5 to include Content all the missing buildings are back.  I'm not sure what that me.  Possibly a config issue caused by something else I installed.  I just wanted to close out this issue and let those interested that the P3D update fixed the problem.

Archived