Will We Ever Have The Rest of Alaska as Regions ?

Gabe777

The rest of the Alaska would be an instant buy for me as a conventional region. Also, there is yet another idea how to enhance that corner of the world: Alaskan Coast TrueEarth. This could also finally bring the "gap" left on the venerable Tongass Fjords to fill up to the current standards.

Actually, I'd instantly buy both. :)

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Thing is, Alaska isn't too difficult to do, and there are a few airports that could be done like they have for Norway.

Most of it is wilderness, SAK is already done..... what's not to like ?

Maybe not even the whole state -- just the SW part, with Kodiak and the Aleutians, maybe up as far as Bethel, that would be epic. 

Would love to also have Nome & Kotzebue as global payware airports -- something like what they have already announced for Barrow.

5 hours ago, AKar said:

The rest of the Alaska would be an instant buy for me as a conventional region. Also, there is yet another idea how to enhance that corner of the world: Alaskan Coast TrueEarth. This could also finally bring the "gap" left on the venerable Tongass Fjords to fill up to the current standards.

Actually, I'd instantly buy both. :)

I agree. I would love Petersburg and Wrangell to complete that end of the Alaska milk run flights! In the mean time I am waiting patiently for Barrow.

3 hours ago, Ripcord said:

Maybe not even the whole state -- just the SW part, with Kodiak and the Aleutians, maybe up as far as Bethel, that would be epic. 

Would love to also have Nome & Kotzebue as global payware airports -- something like what they have already announced for Barrow.

Make that Nome and Unalakleet (West and Central) or do just the West half, all the way up to Barrow.

Together with SAK, that would give us a fat L shaped region, with OpenLC and Vectors filling in the gaps

• 2 weeks later...

Another option is to have Ultimate Alaska X installed, on lower priority of course, to cover every Alaska region that SAK doesn't.
I have this setup in my system, way way better than the default scenery.

Though I haven't yet compared it to OpenLC NA + Vector + Global... at least as far as textures and landclass goes..

Archived