TE South SP1 - No dark roads

Hello!

Something seems to be wrong in my installation of TE GB. After updating to SP1 I still see the old lighter default roads and not the new darker ones. And not only that, the darker roads are gone from TE North aswell... Looking at screenshots posted in the screenshots forum I see that the problem is on my end. I have deleted all the roads folders as suggested in an other thread and verified files, but the problem is still there. Clearly I must have done something but I really don't know what, XP11 needs no tinkering like P3D for instance. I don't think this is scenery.ini related but a case of files missing, but how do I get the darker roads back? Would rather not reinstall for obvious reasons. Any ideas?

/Magnus

My X-Plane 11 is the Steam version and there is an option there to verify local files, I'm assuming that there is something similar for the direct version.  If so I'd suggest trying that for your X-Plane and the same in your FTX Central for TE South.

Also there is a control panel for the TE South scenery with a changeable option for Default and Transparent Roads.  Have you tried that?

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

I've tried the TE controlpanels switching on and off the default roads but no luck (Even the Barton controlpanel).

Also did a verify from Steam but this didn't work either (as I suspected it wouldn't because TE is custom scenery).

I am 99,9 % sure I haven't altered anything myself, but obviously something has happened since the dark roads in TE North is also missing...

Here is proof :):

l5eGnrf.jpg

4zXkoJF.jpg

I usually fix sim related problems myself, but in this case I don't know what to do.

/Magnus

Edit:

I also use xVision and VR-Twick.

scenery_packs.ini

Hello,

there is no need to reinstall.

Just delete your Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads,

Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads_t and/or

Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads_x folders

and run Verify files.

A customer does not need to reinstall 130 GB to gain 162 MB of files.

Thanks Nick! Yes I know there is no need to download 130 Gb of orthos when the problem is a missing road texture :) The very first thing I did was deleting the roads folders and ran verify files, but it did not work. Just to be sure I did this a couple of times but no result. And I've tried the various controlpanels and even ran verify files on Xplane (Steam version). And I even deleted 'Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay' to no avail (unnecessary I know). 

So now I have lost the dark roads in TE North and still have the lighter ones in TE South after SP1. Just to be clear, I don't know if the problem with the roads in TE North began before or after SP1 though. 

Is there anything else to try?

/Magnus

I've tried a bit more this morning. I did a reinstall of FTX Central even though it was already on version 3.3.6.0 and then removed the roads folders and verified files but still no result - old lighter roads in TE South and still in TE North.

But then I noticed that the major motorways seems to have the new dark surface. Had to check with old screenies and this seems to be correct. But I still have the old lighter roads everywhere else, residential and rural areas.

I remember reading that SP1 got delayed because some late discovered problem with the dark roads, could this perhaps be a similar problem?

I'm completely lost here :(

Thanks Nick! I have restored XVision to default XP11 and I have removed VR Twick and a LUA-script for setting cloudshadows resolution.

So my XP11 is default but I still see this:

JpWpXEa.jpg

Am I right in thinking that this is a mix between dark and light roads?

/Magnus

Hello,

yes, that does seem to be the case.

No idea why.

I have uploaded a textures folder, here is the Download Link.

Please be sure that the roads are set to Default and then, after unzipping the textures folder,

paste it into Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay\roads and allow it to overwrite.

You should then see the same as I do.

1.jpg

If it works, you can do the same to the other TEGB areas.

Hello Nick, I too am having the same problem though did post a question but not as yet had a reply so posting on this thread.  I have done as you advised DunRingill but unfortunately even this did not work as I am still stuck with light coloured roads in the south and in the north, in TE North my roads were dark until I installed the SP1 for TE South, just wondering whether this might be due to the latest release of FTX Central?  I did download it prior to SP1 and on reflection may have been better to have kept the older version to install this update?

This scfreenshot was taken with roads set to default, when I tried transparent setting all other roads away from the motorways were like grass tracks.

This was taken just south west of Elstree, would be grateful if you are able to find a workaround on this problem.

CTRDmuOh.png

Regards

Nigel.

I think I have solved this problem and hope it works equally as well for DunRingill, I had been running Texture Quality at maximum setting, this worked extremely well showing dark roads in TE North before the SP1 update.  I played around with the settings and brought Texture Quality down a notch and found after starting X Plane the roads were back as they should be even in TE North.  To be sure of this I then set Texture Quality to maximum and found that the roads were back to a light colour.

It seems to me that SP1 roads do not like being set at maximum Texture Quality, be interesting if any-one else finds this happening.  Just keep the setting down as in the screen shot.

pLgSQJB.png

qLWyoSsh.png

Regards

Nigel.

1 hour ago, Nigelhj said:

I think I have solved this problem and hope it works equally as well for DunRingill, I had been running Texture Quality at maximum setting, this worked extremely well showing dark roads in TE North before the SP1 update.  I played around with the settings and brought Texture Quality down a notch and found after starting X Plane the roads were back as they should be even in TE North.  To be sure of this I then set Texture Quality to maximum and found that the roads were back to a light colour.

It seems to me that SP1 roads do not like being set at maximum Texture Quality, be interesting if any-one else finds this happening.  Just keep the setting down as in the screen shot.

Regards

Nigel.

I can confirm your findings, dropping the Texture Quality down a notch gave me the darker roads, increasing it back up to Maximum returned them to the lighter colour.

Hello Nigel.

Thanks very much indeed for resolving this.

The solution seems to be to use the slightly lower setting, I think that

there will be no difference at all in what is otherwise seen.

I don't think any of us uses that setting, which is perhaps why this anomaly

was not seen.

@tonywob will be interested in the result.

Yes, that seems to be the solution! Thanks Nick and Nigel! :) 

What is a little strange though is that I have used the 'Maximum No Compression' since I started with X-plane after TE South because it makes the textures a litte sharper and have no effect on fps. So when TE North was released I was still on 'Maximum No Compression' but the dark roads was visible just fine then. Perhaps this is related to an X-plane update? I'm not sure but I think it was 11.26 when TE North was released and now I'm on 11.32. (Deleting preferences and shader cache does not help in this case). Just a thought :)

The solution seems to be to use the slightly lower setting, I think that

there will be no difference at all in what is otherwise seen.

Hello Nick, since dropping to the lower setting I have not noticed any difference between the previous setting I used either just very pleased to have found out where the problem lay.

Very happy that this has been resolved and pleased to hear that HDunringill and Kaisho had confirmed that the settings were the problem and not something else.

Regards

Nigel.

Archived