KSUN issues

Yes, KSUN is listed in the add-ons.

Here is the BGL file list for KSUN ... tried to turn a few things to .OFF but still no success, oh well another Orbx purchase that doesn't work for me.  And JV wonders why we uninstall everything and re-install everything so frequently ... this is a good example of why.

KSUNListing5.thumb.jpg.94c9b53adf66f5786acbc00d774aa619.jpg

Rob.

Hello,

it appears to me that the KSUN installer removes the ADE_FTX_CRM_KSUN_elevation_adjustment.BGL file

but that it is replaced if Verify files is used for CRM.

However, I cannot replicate the anomaly with this file either present or missing or with Vector AEC enabled or disabled.

This is how the product appears in P3D v4.4 with CRM installed and then KSUN.

2.jpg

you appear to be seeing none of the airport at all.

1.jpg

I cannot find another topic reporting this.

Where does KSUN appear in your in game scenery library and do you have one entry for it or two please?

10 hours ago, BrianV said:

Hi Rob, did you run the verify all files for CRM and also for KSUN?

I've uninstall and re-install KSUN after uninstalling and re-installing CRM.

6 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Where does KSUN appear in your in game scenery library and do you have one entry for it or two please?

It's in the location FTX Central installed (I don't apply any special layer positioning) it to which I believe is in a few places as I seem to recall one location was at the 2nd to bottom/lowest entry in the my Scenery Library.  The Add-On components are about midway.  As per my file listing of BGLs screenshot, those are ALL the KSUN files I have on my system.

My install process was:

1.  Open FTX Central

2.  Click on KSUN to purchase

3.  Purchase

4.  Wait a few seconds for KSUN to be available to install from FTX Central

5.  Installed from FTX Central

6.  Ran Vector AEC and hit apply

7.  Load P3D

8.  Autogen Merger process runs (detects changes in AG files)

9.  Exit P3D

10.  Verify all processes terminated

11.  Run P3D 

12.  Load KSUN (no parking spaced defined BTW)

My diagnostics so far (in order):

1.  Uninstall CRM

2.  Uninstall KSUN

3.  Install CRM

4.  Install KSUN (still same issue)

5.  Run Vector AEC ... apply

6.  Uninstall KSUN

7.  Uninstall CRM

8.  Run Vector AEC apply

9.  Run P3D and load KSUN (default KSUN is fine no issues)

Rob.

Thanks,

FTX Central doesn't do anything in this case except create this entry in the programdata add-ons.cfg file.

[Package.X]
PATH=The path to your P3D folder\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KSUN
TITLE=Orbx KSUN Sun Valley
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

is it there?

I have no idea why, when you have apparently done the same as I and all the other customers,

yours should be doing what it is and ours do not.

My only thought is perhaps a Add-On layer conflict?  In the office right now, will post more details tonight when I'm home.  99% sure I have that entry in Add-ons.cfg but will verify.

I thought you folks weren't going to update scenery/world/scenery any more ... or is that planned for future?

My understanding is that the Autogen Merger tool (not sure which 3rd party product installed this) shouldn't be needed anymore with P3D V4.4 provided installers follow the P3D V4.4 SDK best practices ...

per P3D v4.4 SDK 

• Added support for multiple autogen description files. Files can now also override subsets of autogen content.

Has FTX Central been updated for this new support?

Rob

Here is an oddity ... I uninstalled KSUN ... loaded P3D, selected KSUN and I got what appears to be the parking/gates for the Orbx KSUN and not the default.  However, on load I get the default airport.  If I installed Orbx KSUN I get the default runways only and helipad ... the install/uninstall seems to be backwards as if it's switching out the wrong file sets?

Rob.

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if you would disable all your other addon

scenery, leaving only the four CRM entries, the Orbx libraries and the two KSUN entries.

All issues having a starting point ... someone has to be the first.

I went as far as to completely uninstall ALL Orbx products and removed the directory from within LM's dir structure.  I installed the LM's default scenery (via scenery*.msi).  Disable all other add-ons, re-installed Orbx from scratch, FTX Global, CRM, KSUN ... still got the exact same problem.

I think the key issue here is I'm getting conflicting BGLs that define airport parking spaces, gates, etc. ... but with everything I can think of disabled I have no idea where they are coming from ... I don't think we have any "current/updated" tools that can scan for conflicts like SD's Airport Scanner (which doesn't work for P3D V4.4)?

Rob.

Problem solved, apparently I had Scenery Complexity = Sparse ... what I had to use for Orbx TE GB South to get acceptable FPS.  When I set Scenery Complexity back to my normal max setting the sloped runway and all the buildings returned.  Always something new to add to my 100 pages of notes ;)

Rob

Archived