CityScene Orlando V1.1 & V1.2 Releases (updated)

akriesman

13 hours ago, mwa05 said:

Is it intended that there are no longer terminal buildings with the supplied KMCO? Do you have to turn on the custom building, now that it defaults to autogen? 

Thanks,

Mark

There are no autogen buildings used near either the KMCO or KORL airport.    I just checked the terminal building at KMCO are present for me.

Also, the autogen building option only replaces custom houses with autogen buildings.    Commercial buildings and High Rises will always be custom buildings.

Hello Akriesman

For the initial version we had to put some bgls off in Orbx and KMCO Taxi2gate products

If I uninstall Orbx product and then reinstall will it match with previous doing to fit KMCO by Taxi2gate or do we still need to do some work?

I remember having put a bgl to off for the jetways to show but the update states this has been fixed.

I just want to ensure both products work together and define which bgls should be changed to off to avoid issues. I also remember disabling all ground taxi2gate imagery to use Orbx ones

Is it ok to think that is I only do the reinstall all will continue being ok? as it is only Orbx suffering the change and not Taxi2gate KMCO..

Thank you in advance for any clarification

Carlos

9 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

Hello Akriesman

For the initial version we had to put some bgls off in Orbx and KMCO Taxi2gate products

If I uninstall Orbx product and then reinstall will it match with previous doing to fit KMCO by Taxi2gate or do we still need to do some work?

I remember having put a bgl to off for the jetways to show but the update states this has been fixed.

I just want to ensure both products work together and define which bgls should be changed to off to avoid issues. I also remember disabling all ground taxi2gate imagery to use Orbx ones

Is it ok to think that is I only do the reinstall all will continue being ok? as it is only Orbx suffering the change and not Taxi2gate KMCO..

Thank you in advance for any clarification

Carlos

Carlos,

I really don't know the answer to this as I don't have that product.     One of our beta testers had the product and tested it.   I was not even aware that people were making modifications to support this product.

2 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Carlos,

I really don't know the answer to this as I don't have that product.     One of our beta testers had the product and tested it.   I was not even aware that people were making modifications to support this product.

Thank you very much for replying

I'll do the update and will try both products and see what happens then

For your reference here is the topic about that issue

Thank you!

Carlos

Guys,

Unfortunately, it was pointed out to us that switching back to custom residential buildings will cause duplicate buildings in many locations.     Something must have went wrong in the last production build.    The problem is being addressed and a new patch should be out within 24 hours.

This problem will only appear if you have V1.1 and switch back to custom residential buildings (instead of autogen houses).

We now have to maintain 2 sets of AGN files to support the new options, which adds another layer of complexity to FTX Central.   So, for those that have not yet installed V1.1, I would just wait for the update (hopefully tomorrow).

Orlando looks amazing and functions very well for such a detailed and complex scenery area! However I have one (what might be considered trivial!) query - I am unable to see the 'golf ball' (Spaceship Earth) at the entrance to Epcot or Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom. These did not seem to be present in the original version and still are not visible in the current version even with the scenery complexity and autogen density sliders turned up to max. As these are both fairly iconic structures I wondered whether I should I be seeing these, in which case perhaps I ought to try a reinstall, or have they not been modelled?

Despite this however flying over Orlando is still thoroughly enjoyable and thank you for such a great piece of work!

Bill

On 3/11/2019 at 7:30 AM, scianoir said:

Orlando looks amazing and functions very well for such a detailed and complex scenery area! However I have one (what might be considered trivial!) query - I am unable to see the 'golf ball' (Spaceship Earth) at the entrance to Epcot or Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom. These did not seem to be present in the original version and still are not visible in the current version even with the scenery complexity and autogen density sliders turned up to max. As these are both fairly iconic structures I wondered whether I should I be seeing these, in which case perhaps I ought to try a reinstall, or have they not been modelled?

Despite this however flying over Orlando is still thoroughly enjoyable and thank you for such a great piece of work!

Bill

I have to agree with you about the Disney area. Since I live in Orlando, this is something that really bothers me. Disney has the most iconic structures in all of Florida, and some of the most iconic in the world, and they did not get them right (in terms of Scale and detail). I mentioned something about how the scale of everything is extremely off over the Disney area in another post when it was first released. This is the one thing that has kept me from purchasing this add-on. If they ever fix the area over Disney, then I will purchase it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:30 AM, scianoir said:

Bill

Bill, I just checked the scenery and both Spaceship Earth and Cinderella's castle are indeed present.   A couple of people have mentioned this though.

You might look at your scenery layering and make sure that the FTX_AA_ORLANDO layer is above all other layers, except for FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.

• 1 month later...

Admit, not as tech savvy as previous posts. I'll uninstall, re-install. However, currently (Scenery purchased yesterday 3/1/19), and after 2-flights, 'Orlando has tapped out my memory. I've reduced FSX autogen, and have disabled KMCO - only interested in KORL. No "custom" selection. Both flights - upon 10-15-20 miles of KORL, getting computer beep warning - memory exhausted. System crashes soon after landing at KORL / taxiway.

Not the fastest system, but with multiple ORBX adds, 1st time I've encountered this.

I5-6600K@3.5ghz

16GB memory

GE Force GTX950

Last post add to this (my) issue.

I have purchased 14 ORBX packages, and check in with FTX Central relatively often to check for "Updates". With my recent memory warning issue after installing Orlando City Scape, I elected to do a full check of all ORBX files using the FTX "Verify" option, for each. I was surprised to find that 10 of my 14 packages involved an additional download / install process from the Verify app.

Flights since that effort have been perfect, with no memory issues and highest frames ever. I searched for further explanation of the suggested use of the "verify" function, but did not locate any specific explanation, nor is it addressed in any User Manual, that I found. Just wondering if there is a suggested process (frequency) for using the "verify" function with our ORBX packages ?

Thank you.

Hello,

the Verify files function is intended for troubleshooting and is therefore pointless unless there is a problem with the product.

The concept is not new, it is also the case for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D versions 1 to 4, X Plane 11 and Aerofly FS2.

Though sometimes the Verify files is called "Repair", the function is the same, to check, verify and if necessary,

replace the required files.

It is quite normal for there to be a download of some files each time that verify files is used.

There should really have been an FTX Central user guide accessible though FTX Central itself,

which would have answered all these questions, although the answers are indeed all to be found

in these support forums.

I have asked for one in the next version of FTX Central and been assured that there will be one.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you Nick, understand your points.

Unfortunately, I've had to uninstall Orlando City. I can manage a flight "out" of KORL ( I do not fly from KMCO ), but each time I fly "into" KORL, my system warns memory shortfall, then crashes usually at IAF, or just after intercepting the ILS. Resource monitor shows significant CPU spike as soon as I enter the Orlando City area. Only ORBX product my system cannot handle.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:21 AM, akriesman said:

Bill, I just checked the scenery and both Spaceship Earth and Cinderella's castle are indeed present.   A couple of people have mentioned this though.

You might look at your scenery layering and make sure that the FTX_AA_ORLANDO layer is above all other layers, except for FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.

Many thanks for your reply which I have just found! I checked my scenery library and FTX_AA_ORLANDO was way down amongst the other Orbx scenery entries (where it had originally been placed by FTX Central) so I moved it to just below the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS entry but still within the block of FTX scenery entries. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have made any difference and those two structures are still not visible. Should move it completely out of the block of FTX entries up to the very top of my scenery library? My Orbx library insertion point is below my various other (non-Orbx) airport scenery entries which is where I understood it should be positioned.

Bill

23 hours ago, scianoir said:

Many thanks for your reply which I have just found! I checked my scenery library and FTX_AA_ORLANDO was way down amongst the other Orbx scenery entries (where it had originally been placed by FTX Central) so I moved it to just below the FTXAA_ORBXLIBS entry but still within the block of FTX scenery entries. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have made any difference and those two structures are still not visible. Should move it completely out of the block of FTX entries up to the very top of my scenery library? My Orbx library insertion point is below my various other (non-Orbx) airport scenery entries which is where I understood it should be positioned.

Bill

Just to provide some feedback on my issue and possibly help anyone else who has found these landmarks are missing, I have now identified the source of the problem which, as I should have expected, was nothing to do with the Orbx Orlando City scenery itself.

After doing a detailed search of FSX files for anything with Orlando in the name I discovered that the Orlando.bgl file in the scenery/NAME folder had been deactivated and turning this back on resolved the issue, with both Spaceship Earth and Cinderella's Castle now being visible again (presumably these objects are in that file rather than in the Orbx scenery). I think I may have deactivated this bgl file a few years ago in a futile attempt to stop default scenery showing through when I installed FSXcenery's Orlando Executive Airport KORL (a bad purchase for a number of reasons!). I eventually just uninstalled this airport replacing it with freeware but clearly forgot to reactivate the file in question.

Now back to enjoying this superb Orbx scenery addon to its full potential!

Bill

Archived