Ground flickering shadows XP11

Martin Poole

Has anyone encounted Ground Flickering shadows  while using Xvision and UWXP, I get it in all presets including the fab ones form Filou and Reanult also on my own presents. The only way is does not happen is when you obviously have complete cloud coverage or you turn down the clouds shadow power in the UWXP control panel to less that 20 which kills the effect of having cloud shadows at all.

thanks and please share you thoughts 

2 hours ago, Martin Poole said:

Has anyone encounted Ground Flickering shadows  while using Xvision and UWXP, I get it in all presets including the fab ones form Filou and Reanult also on my own presents. The only way is does not happen is when you obviously have complete cloud coverage or you turn down the clouds shadow power in the UWXP control panel to less that 20 which kills the effect of having cloud shadows at all.

thanks and please share you thoughts 

I do not have this problem anymore and like BobT says .In my case it was enough to increase the Shadow Resolution and the problem disappeared.Which version of XP do you use? have you update your graphics card?

thanks BobT  and Filou  I am using  the latest XP11.32, I am pretty sure also my graphic card is up to date using the new Graphics  card gtx2080 TI on  4K

I have the shadow res set to 67% but make no difference, it seems more associated when moving my hat switch around or when using Track v5 headgear?? maybe I do a video?

M

12 hours ago, Martin Poole said:

its strange how it effects some and not others, I read on the Forum over at xplane.org that it was a known X Plane problem  and would be sorted ??? I have attached a video of sorts that show the problem I get, let us know your thoughts if this is similar Paulb and Capt P.

RF7EeiB.mp4

Hi Martin,

No, mine is different. Yours seems to show a lot of flickering of ground textures?

My problem is related to object shadows, particularly aircraft shadows.

Archived