EGPB Sumburgh Airport - RWY 09 misaligned

FlyingFella

Hello everyone,

I am very happy with Sumburgh, superb airport. However, runway 09/27 seemsn to be misaligned.

The plane is placed slightly to the right of the runway centre, also the lights are off to the right, including the lights on the side of the runway.

Would be great if this could be patched with the next update. Thank you

456777.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In a week its been 3 months, or a quarter of a year since my inquiry. No, my life doesn´t depend on the sim and yes I have other things to do, but come on guys, is this the best you can do - really? Could you please at least give me a time frame to expect a fix, if that isn´t asking to much? Also, what about those power lines shown on the pictures? Does the north just love its power lines, or is that an unintended bug?

There's currently no timeframe on the patch at this stage though it is on our to-do list.

The powerlines look to me to all be in the correct position when compared with the OSM data and eyeballed with streetview. It's possible that they're more obvious due to the lack of tall vegetation in the region.

I'll let @tonywob comment further.

Greg

The power line issue in Shetland seems to be confined to the island of Bressay (opposite Lerwick) and up the hill to the North as far as Tingwall airport.  These appear as two parallel rows of tall pylons more in keeping with those through Somerset from the nuclear power station.   The rest of the island seem to be ok. I understand this is just a sizing problem since the positions are correct.

Great work .

Best regards

Eric

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, FlyingFella said:

This is getting really frustrating.

How long can it possibly take a talented dev like ORBX to fix something as minor as this? smh

Relaaaax.  I can see that a slight misalignment of runway lights would be placed very far down the priority list, not least because X Plane 11 does seem to generate its own alignment issues in ported airports. 

Flight simming is best enjoyed with a healthy suspension of disbelief, because there will always be something not quite right, if you fix one, the next item will stand out. 

12 hours ago, John Dow said:

Relaaaax.  I can see that a slight misalignment of runway lights would be placed very far down the priority list, not least because X Plane 11 does seem to generate its own alignment issues in ported airports. 

Flight simming is best enjoyed with a healthy suspension of disbelief, because there will always be something not quite right, if you fix one, the next item will stand out. 

I relaxed and waited for half a year. Just give me a time frame of when to expect a patch and I'll be quiet. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any update on this? Backwards cars, missing PAPI, lights way off center.  I dropped flying here due to the poor quality.  The sales page key features says “realistic night lighting”, “complex car animation in 3d”. 

When I buy Orbx, what should I expect? I pay the cash for a quality product, something better than the competition, better after sales support. Is this true for egpb? Blame who ever these devs are all you want,  that’s a cop out, the sales page is orbx and the software hasn’t been tested properly, shouldn’t have been released and shouldn’t be for sale in its current state.  It’s looking like carenado, huge increase in releases and less bug fixes.  I don’t know if rebates are possible but will certainly by putting a ticket in for one. 

I just had a test flight and yes you are right to be bringing this up, why it hasn't been corrected I don't know but I'll put a note in the internal forums.

The issues I see are:

Cars running backwards  (!!!!)

Misalignment of the runway texture 09/27 that causes the lights to be offset the closer you get to the 09 end

The PAPI lights for Runway 09 extinguish before the threshold.  The PAPI lights for Runway 27 appear to be working correctly to me.

Is this a good summary?

Note:  I just went back through all the beta testing reports and there was no mention of cars running backwards.  It's possible an update to XPlane 11 has had unintended consequences, but as you say it's time the errors in the scenery were fixed.

Cheers

If you want to remove the road traffic until a patch fixes the cars issue (I figure Sumburgh Airport perimeter road would only have occasional traffic anyway) you can edit the settings.txt file which is found in the Resources folder.

Locate the following section and set all the last numbers to 0.

#Set Car Density
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 0 reno/draw_cars_05 0   
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 1 reno/draw_cars_05 0   
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 2 reno/draw_cars_05 0   
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 3 reno/draw_cars_05 0   
SETTING_1 renopt_draw_3d_04 4 reno/draw_cars_05 0 

It'll remove cars from all your X Plane world but of course you can reset the values at any time with values from 1 to 5.

The reversing traffic can be fixed by dropping this file into your \Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGPB_Sumburgh folder, overwriting the one that is there. Note that you'll need to have the latest version of the Orbxlibs for XP installed (via Orbx Central) for this to work correctly. This fix will be iincluded n the upcoming patch.

The lighting corrections are a little more complex but we'll try to allocate some time getting a patch out in the next few days.

Greg

GroundTraffic.txt

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, Greg Jones said:

The reversing traffic can be fixed by dropping this file into your \Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGPB_Sumburgh folder, overwriting the one that is there. Note that you'll need to have the latest version of the Orbxlibs for XP installed (via Orbx Central) for this to work correctly. This fix will be iincluded n the upcoming patch.

The lighting corrections are a little more complex but we'll try to allocate some time getting a patch out in the next few days.

Greg

GroundTraffic.txt 18.16 kB · 11 downloads

Almost 9 months since the initial bug report and no timeframe for bugfixes, since "unfortunately, that's the nature of software development.". 

Great, really really great. I´ll try to allocate further investments into XP towards other devs, maybe you´ll then have more time for taking care of already released products.

Just to let you know we've been given the patch to test and it has fixed both issues, I'm not sure if there will be a release announcement or if it will just turn up as a yellow dot in your Orbx Central list.  Anyway it's looking good.

Archived