Airport Removed after Orbx Install

Jorrian

Hey team,

Prepar3D v4 comes with my local airport CPL6 - Parkland Airport. It is based in Edmonton, Alberta when installed with new install.

After installing Orbx Regions this airport gets removed (or deleted?) off of the list of airports to select.

How can I recover this airport so I can fly it? Thanks!

Hi Jorrian,

the reason is that FTX NRM was released in 2012 while the airport didn't officially exist until 2014:

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkland_Airport

You're saying that the airport exists in default P3D but it doesn't as far as I can tell. In fact, an add-on like Northern Rockies can't remove a default airport's ICAO from the selection list meaning one should be able to find it in the Select Airport list with or without NRM installed.

Perhaps you were using a third-party add-on for the airport before?

Cheers, Holger

Hello everyone thanks for the welcome.

It exists when Prepar3D v4 was released (not v3) as well as in XPlane 11 now and discontinued Flight Sim World.

I’m thinking the airport is on the computer locally but Prepar3D doesn’t make it easy to search files and a line entry needs to be added back in or I need to find the CPL6 file, save it and reput back in after Orbx installs.

If anyone knows an easy way to search airport files in the Prepar3D folder let me know!

I’ll do full Prepar3D clean install on another computer and post screenshots.

The two you have there are what I am running into after Orbx Global/Vector/NA with CPL5 being the last airport in your first screenshot. Parkland you have selected in second screenshot is based in Colarado.

Will post tonight with CPL6 and Top down view if it launches on the slow computer or maybe I make a second windows user account on my current and do fresh install?

After that I’ll try to narrow down which product is removing it (Either Orbx Global, Vector, North America or Northern Rockies as that overlays to Edmonton I own all four)

It seems that nothing will convince you that the airport is not included in P3D v4.4.

My screen shots are from a default version of P3D v4.4 and are intended to show you that the airport is not there,

not that I have somehow selected the wrong one.

Here is more evidence for you to dismiss.

1.jpg

I should point out that the last time we had this discussion with a customer about a different airport that he was also convinced

was a part of the default simulator, it turned out that he had used aerodata or a similar tool which had added to the airport database.

Could this be the case for you?

Nope I have good news I was just epically wrong. I didn't know your prior screenshots were from a Default I apologize.

After going through a Virtual Machine and clean Prepar3D there is no Parkland Airport, I have no idea why I had it in my "Flight Sim Tasks" as a support question from the summer. Brain mixed up by having three sims on the computer it seems!

Thanks for the help on this I appreciate you guys looking into it for me.

Archived