Control Panel Options After Updates - Out of Sync

GlennH

Guys, this continues to be a problem with patches to products where the control panel options get out of sync after updates are issued. All of the SODE updated products (except Turbulent Designs ones it seems) today have done this.

This leads to control panel options that don't 'stick' when selected and multiple instances of .bgl and .off files in the installation folders that are a total pain to clear up because its hard to tell which have been changed or not.

For anyone who is not well versed with the workings of the folders I can imagine its a pain.

Would it not make sense for the updates to check that the options panel is in a standard config state before applying the update or at least warning the user that they should reset the control panel options back to default?

Thanks,

Glenn

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes, it would make perfect sense and I am surprised that this does not happen.

I will ask.

Thanks Nick.

It seems some do and some don't. For instance, my two airports by  Turbulent IDA and GCI were fine. KSAN and ESSA were not.

For ESSA, whenever I select FTX Global in its Control Panel, and then close it, and open it again, the option is not saved. The options under Grass also dont save. Only Airport Details seem to save.

EDIT: I used the Verify Files feature and now everything works as expected.

Archived