Orlando City Scene My Thoughts

Ticker7

I had a similar issue after installing TE Netherlands with long load times.  I never had any issues before this and once loaded my FPS were awful.  My solution was to backup my scenerey.cfg file, delete my cfg file and let P3D rebuild it.  Once rebuilt I closed P3D and went into FTX Central and inserted my points in settings again.  That fixed my issues with long load times.  Hopefully this will help those and I am running P3D 4.4.  Thanks

Rob

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

For what its worth, the onboard graphics are done by the CPU which is already busy.I would suggest it might be better to leave well alone.

THIS IS A HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE, I laughed so hard I nearly sprayed my morning tea all over my computer screen :lol:

Be careful you might electrocute the members at home from laughter :lol:

Well, I have stayed mum on this topic.  Bought it day one.  First scenery, Orbx or otherwise, I ever had a usability problem with. and I do have most of the Orbx product line, and ALL of their heavy hitters (regions / city scenes).  Biggest disappointment is load times (10+ minutes).  Once loaded, it is hit or miss if I get to fly, and it will almost always CTD.

But as Nick correctly reminds us, this is not the support topic, so I'll say only this.  If core usability issues are not resolved I think Orlando will be remembered at best as a swing and a miss.

-Braun

Just hoping this is not a precursor to the incoming TE products that will most likely be much larger than Orlando; fingers crossed! Progress is good, but may be moving faster than my system is capable. Might have to visit the computer component vendors for a major tune up on the mother board, CPU, and Ram. ORBX is producing, so time for me to play some component catch up in the Flight Sim World, here I go again! The price to play is getting costly, but I am all in for now just got to get over the bumps. I know, it hurts!

• 1 month later...

Hey Arclight, there is good and bad on this when I tried to use it. The good is that it looks nice once you get it loaded, the bad is that it takes up a lot of hard drive space. I got so frustrated with it I removed it from my hard drive until a better solution is found for either the platform being downloaded or the program itself is more optimized. I know it can get really frustrating at times with some programs and the way they act or don't on ones computer. At this point I am waiting for P3DV4.5 to come out as it has been mentioned that it will handle larger programs better than the current version. In the meantime I just run Battlefield V or Train Simulator and chill out; lol. Also since I last had it installed it looks as if they have worked on the program and it may act better now, I am not sure as I have not messed with it yet. Waiting for P3DV4.5 and the new Las Vegas! Also you may try the work around which required turning some things off, I do not remember where the work around is located exactly but I know for sure it is here in the forum, sorry I could not be more helpful on this one. 

Arclight, that is what I am going to do is just wait it out for now and play with something else in the toybox. I have been on these Flight Simulators since the 1980's and man have they improved! That said patience is the king when it comes to all of this, I know it sucks waiting for something you wanna fly in but it's sorta the nature of the beast. Oh and you would think for as long as I have been doing this I would know it all, I'm not even close, this development thing is way above my pay grade; lol just a simmer and loving it! 

Archived