Orlando problems?

Jack Sawyer

I just bought and installed the new Orlando CityScape.

So I followed the manual, like this:

B02SkaZ.png

Then I went to KMCO and got the following four screens:

8tEDUiX.jpg

Y9187lL.jpg

TZ4dMyc.jpg

w6WXVKm.jpg

So, with P3D 4.4 running I went to the Scenery Library and re-ticked Orlando, not KORL.  And got these:

OySzwX1.jpg

j1TrvLN.jpg

kV02Els.jpg

So they look fine with Orlando ticked.

Then I went looking for the Magic Kingdom, on the way I found this area, what is this odd building, it looks like it has a texture issue.

x7Hdpfk.jpg

You're flying over an older rendition of Disney's Hollywood Studios.  Just under your nose is the old Sorcerer Mickey Hat which has since been removed.  Tower of Terror is in the center right of the screenshot and that's the Swan & Dolphin resort above that.  Off in the distance you can see the Contemporary Hotel/Resort with the Magic Kingdom to the left of it.

Just now, richbonneau said:

You're flying over an older rendition of Disney's Hollywood Studios.  Just under your nose is the old Sorcerer Mickey Hat which has since been removed.  Tower of Terror is in the center right of the screenshot and that's the Swan & Dolphin resort above that.  Off in the distance you can see the Contemporary Hotel/Resort with the Magic Kingdom to the left of it.

Thanks but is this tan colored building supposed to look like this?

13 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks but is this tan colored building supposed to look like this?

I think you're referring to the Tower of Terror.  The color and shape are right, but it's not as detailed as it could be in the lower part of the building.  My guess is that's how it is.

5 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Jack,

Please make sure all the  options are checked in your FTX Central - Orlando CityScene Control Panel.

Cheers,

Hi Scott, I installed it this morning, as per my usual routine I saved the manual to USB, open the control panel and look at it.

Everything in the Orbx Control Panel was ticked so I left it ticked.

I have zero add-on scenery for this area.

Per the manual I UNticked both Orlando and KORL.

So when I ran P3D I saw as shown in the first four shots.

So then with the sim still running I REticked just Orlando in P3D's Scenery Library and it was fine.

I kept KORL unticked in the P3D scenery library.

I don't know if anyone else will see the same problems I had, hence my post.

Hi Jack,

Are you using P3DV4.4, or an earlier version?

Is it just at KMCO where you are not seeing the ground?

Can you have a look in your ORBX Orlando Scenery folder and see if anything has .off at the end of it?

".....Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_Orlando\Scenery"

Cheers,

3 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Jack,

Can you have a look in your ORBX Orlando Scenery folder and see if anything has .off at the end of it?

Cheers,

Thanks Scott.

4.4, brand new install, brand new PC install of everything.

Just KMCO.

I will have to do this when I turn the PC back on, I'm away from the PC right now.

13 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Jack,

Cheers,

Hi Scott, I just now had a chance to look.  Went to the exact location, not one .off file.

I’m using P3D 4.4.

Just KMCO.

So I was wondering why the manual said to untick Orlando in the Scenery Library.

Hi Jack,

You need to untick the default P3D Orlando entry or there may be conflicts with some buildings.  What you are seeing is not normal, but I can't explain why you are seeing it.

You may need to try a full uninstall of Orlando CityScene, and then reinstall it.

Maybe also check the area with ORBX Orlando completely disabled and the Orlando and KORL entries disabled.  It looks like you have water everywhere which is very, very odd.  Orlando CityScene should be displaying photoreal scenery for the entire area.

Cheers,

6 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi Jack,

You need to untick the default P3D Orlando entry or there may be conflicts with some buildings.  What you are seeing is not normal, but I can't explain why you are seeing it.

You may need to try a full uninstall of Orlando CityScene, and then reinstall it.

Maybe also check the area with ORBX Orlando completely disabled and the Orlando and KORL entries disabled.  It looks like you have water everywhere which is very, very odd.  Orlando CityScene should be displaying photoreal scenery for the entire area.

Cheers,

But if I untick default Orlando I get that mess as shown.

I’m making a flight at KSAN right now so I’ll have to do this in a little while and then test :wacko:

And when you say completely disable Orbx Orlando, exactly how?  In the P3D Scenery Library or the Orbx CityScene Control Panel?

And if the Control Panel, which boxes exactly do I untick?

I’d like to try all this before reinstalling.

Yeah, I didn’t see one pixel of photoreal and was extremely disappointed.  Extremely.

Jack, 

in Orbx Central rerun force migration, and Vector configuration again.  {Hopefully you've save a profile from previous c AEC config}  they try in you sim again.  I just tested and everything loaded fine. B)

3 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Jack, 

in Orbx Central rerun force migration, and Vector configuration again.  {Hopefully you've save a profile from previous c AEC config}  they try in you sim again.  I just tested and everything loaded fine. B)

Thanks, doing this now.

Just unticked Orlando in P3D’s Scenery Library.

Then I’ll exit P3D and doa force migration and Vector AEC and will post my results.

Ok @Scott Harmes and @FireRx Here's what I did in the exact order and my results.

1. I unticked P3D's default Orlando in the Scenery Library as prescribed in the manual ( did the first time on initial install)

2. KORL was still unticked in P3D's Scenery Library.

3. I did an Orbx Force Migration, it took several minutes.

4. Ran Vector AEC.

5. Ran P3D and tested and here are the results, first at KMCO then at Disney-world.

Set in summer with no weather.

BRNfiYK.jpg

8gAyYqD.jpg

1SQynwy.jpg

FECk7oq.jpg

cHj41HM.jpg

nydTSLO.jpg

uDdom8v.jpg

D77RCR9.jpg

8 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

@Jack  It looks fine.  Did you have the 6% loading delay? And was it still there after the visuals cleaned up?

Thanks Doc!  It stalled at 6% but it didn't take that long, seemed like a minute this time, much faster.  No idea why.

Archived