All payware Orbx UK aiports suffer from extremne mud

kaboki

Ok, after now realizing that my friction problem is on orbx side of things i decide to post this. In one of the r support threads about this issue you(ORBX) reply that it only happend in 11.30 beta, well I had this problem for long time on xplane 11.26, now the 11.30 is stable and i still have this issue. Have just bought All truearth UK for england invsted in all aiports that has been coming out until today and wanted to enjoy this true earth experience with all my payware aiports, but I cant. They are all practically useless, grass and paved runways have just as much mudd/friction. I kinda sit back now thinking off all the money I wasted that i cant enjoy...:(

Im supposed to be able to use the taxi range on my turboprop for taxiing atleast at asphalt runways and not having tu go into the flight range mode just to get moving. definetly doesnt happen on default xplane runways/taxiways and grass RW/Taxiways. I crashed 2 times at takeooff at shoreaham because my TBM 900 cant get enough speed on the paved runway. Going around taxxing with almost half torque in flight range mode..

I really hope this can be fixed soon, and I wonder how this got through the beta testing, especially elstree that just got out today...

"qoute tonywob":

"Surfaces marked as grass in XP 11.30 seems to be causing an exaggerated effect in my testing (The same does not happen in 11.26), so something has changed in 11.30. The issue is that if we change the surface type back to asphalt for a grass strip then that's equally unrealistic.

I'll get in touch with Laminar Research about this, as it seems to be some change in ground friction between the last version."

And i repeat again, this has been happening too me trough all xplane stable 11.26.....

And i repeat, this ahappens on all payware orbx UK, wether its sphalt or grass...

Ok, so southhamton doesnt suffer from this mud. Cardiff, Shoreham and Goodwood have mudd problem and others mentioned above. Have to go trough the rest to check,,,. But those 3 are certainly something wrong with....

I will try and get time to fly up too Elstree and check that one also, would be a shame if my newest gem suffer the same fate..

same issue here on 11.26 for looong time on Europe ORBX airports EGFF, EGKA , EGHR on 11.30 same problem, only differs with smoke coming from wheels all the time when taxiing (no matter if it is on grass tarmac etc...)

want to buy EGTR and EGSG and also GB north in future, but for now postponing my flights and investments until resolved...

Hello all, I came to the forums because of this issue - I too am having it. Tarmac or not, it's rough running for me. I am not sure if I have scenery ordered wrong or what, but I wanted to chime in and let everyone know that I too am experiencing this issue.

Thanks all.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:52 AM, lukaz81 said:

same issue here on 11.26 for looong time on Europe ORBX airports EGFF, EGKA , EGHR on 11.30 same problem, only differs with smoke coming from wheels all the time when taxiing (no matter if it is on grass tarmac etc...)

want to buy EGTR and EGSG and also GB north in future, but for now postponing my flights and investments until resolved...

I bought EGTR and can say i havent had the issue there, only at shoreham, cardiff and goodwood.. So i think its safe to buy that one:p

On 1/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, jjaycee1 said:

The issue is known about and fixes are being arranged. No date yet but now that XP11.v30 has become Final the issue will be attended to.

The issue was long before 11.30 came out, what took them so long too look at it is beyond me, how it went trough beta testing is kinda odd. Its the first time in history im been kinda unhappy with orbx aiports i bought. And just keep realising scenery for uk like crazy when resources should have been put too fix this first. I basicly have 3 airports I bought that i couldnt use for more than a month...

Yeah, probably never sin e orbx think the problem is on laminars side, bur seem Linda strange since this only happen at Cardiff, shoreham and goodwood, and not at the orher payware airports. There has to be something wrong with those airports. And orbx also seem too think this was an issue that came with 11.30, but several People including me had it with 11.26. 

And  orbx Just ignoring my thread leave me little hope for a fix anytime soon... 

First of all I am very happy orbx started finaly to make EU scenery and software for xplane11,in the past I used a very big part off their program for the other simulators.

I have to say I am very happy with the england scenery and airports. Before I updated to xpl 11.3 I have to say I noticed not very hard the friction problem. But now at EGKA I find it nearly impossible to taxi on the taxiways of this airport. Also at EGCB I have taxi problems on the short asfalt taxiway to the curve passed the fuel tanks; allready in xplane 11.26 rc2; but not as bad as on EGKA. Need rps to 2000 to taxi in some places.

Lets hope this will be fixed quick

Archived