airport scenery incompatibility

hanss

All,

I prepared my flight using PFPX for flight planning. Destination Osaka Kansai, RJBB.
Used FSFlightControl to taxi out and follow the flight on airways and into the Terminal area of Kansai. I used Navigraph charts to prepare my approach to runway 06L. When approaching and unable to tune the ILS frequency, I diverted to runway 06R as there was no 06L. I had a radiofailure so I don't know which runway ATC would have given me clearance for.

Quite a surprise.

What I wonder though is, who or what is at fault. I know professionally that Kansai has two runways since 2007. Is it LM Prepar3D scenery that is not up to date? Is it ORBX Global or Vector? Because both Navigraph and FSFlightControl show the 2nd runway (06L/24R)
I almost cannot imagine that such a major airport is missing a runway in the scenery.

By the way, I use Prepar3D v4.4.

Regards

Hans
Osaka Kansai, RJBB. E135.14,62 N034.25,97

Naamloos.jpg

Hello Nick,

Just out of curiosity, but when I install the download you suggested, the taxiways are not shown. Could you explain why this happens. I sometimes think I understand the scenery lay-out, but sometimes not at all.  This is one of those occasions.

Thanks

Regards

Hans

Hi Smudger,

I appreciate and understand Nick's support, there is no discussion.

I have it installed in p3d v4.4, therefore no CTD. But still no taxiways displayed. That was my point.

Regards

Hans

Hello,

here is my point.

The airport is freeware, thanks are due to its author, Sagga Toure.

As Smudger pointed out, I adjusted the two properties that were preventing it from showing the taxiways in P3D v4

and recompiled. I have not modified the files in any other way, nor do I intend to do so.

To install it, the RJBB folder needs to be added to the top of the scenery library.

It does work and cures your problem but if you cannot make it do so, this is not the place for further support for another developer's freeware.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks again Nick,

It works! 

I am not criticizing anybody. You all try to help which I very much appreciate. My only question was what is the secret in adapting the scenery of the airport in such a way that it also works in Prepar3d.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards

Hans

As an alternative, you could also use the adapted scenery by Ray Smith (available on avsim, fsx_rjbb_rs.zip) together with the P3D update from Robert Catherall (rjbb_p3d_rwc.zip). This for sure works in P3D.

Otherwise: the nav database of the default P3D is as outdated as the one from FSX, means: at least 12 years old. However, with an addon scenery (payware or properly made freeware does not matter...), you can correct this at least for the specific airport. If you also want to update the full nav database, you can do this as well: https://www.fsaerodata.com/

Thanks gents,

It was a "secret" to me till you came with your solutions.

Nick, I appreciate you guidance you just provided. I wasn't aware it existed. Sorry for my ignorance.

AnkH, thanks for your information. I use Navigraph. With the risk to start the discussion all over again, it was Navigraph charts which confirmed that there was something wrong with the airport lay-out and that the problem might lie with the airport lay-out in Prepar3D.

All the information given make me a bit wiser and give me the possibility to correct this myself in future. By the way, the 12 year old database is noticeable.

Regards

Hans

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nick, 

Thanks to your missing airports article I could make the airports I missed compatible with to-day's lay out. Much appreciated!

I also did ZSPD Shanghai Intl airport in the meantime. Now I am looking for the new Bangkok Intl airport, Suvarnabhumi.

I used ADE as you described. The only thing I can't find are object libraries.

Regards

Hans

Archived