YTYA Tyabb Airport

DaveH-UK

I have just gone to the ORBX website to purchase some products in the sale.

I selected Products/FSX.

I now find that one of the products (the only product on this page), is not FSX compatible.

Is YTYA going to be made for FSX in the near future, or should I apply for a refund?

Thanks Dave

Thanks for your reply.

I agree it shows P3D only, but it is easy to miss when purchasing multiple products and previous Oceania region airports have always been FSX/P3D compatible.

I only discovered my error when I was unable to download YTYA, because it didn't appear in FTX Central 3.

Regards Dave

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:54 AM, DaveH-UK said:

Thanks for your reply.

I agree it shows P3D only, but it is easy to miss when purchasing multiple products and previous Oceania region airports have always been FSX/P3D compatible.

I only discovered my error when I was unable to download YTYA, because it didn't appear in FTX Central 3.

Regards Dave

Hi Dave

As a confirmed P3D sceptic for a long time, I can only recommend that if you have the space on your computer, purchase P3DV4 and gradually move over.  I almost never fly in FSX any more even though I'm keeping it for the few aircraft that aren't working in P3d, but honestly the scenery distance limitations drives me crazy on most flights and I quickly come back to P3D. 

You won't regret it if you do.

15 hours ago, Jordan Gough said:

Hi Dave, 

Sorry for the late reply.

I won't be making Tyabb FSX compatible. Sorry for the inconvenience however it did clearly show on the website, as Nick outlined, that it was only available for P3D. 

Regards

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply, disappointed that TYABB will not be FSX compatible.

(In retrospect, I agree it doesn't show FSX on the website for this item, but as this is the first time an ORBX airport has not been made for FSX and P3D, I was caught out and purchased before I realised.)

Regards Dave

I think that we will be seeing more and more of the scenerys only written only for later versions of our sims..I am sitting on Prepar3e V3.4, and have learned to look very carefully at just which systems scenery's are written for. I am staying with the earlier prepar3d as I have an older system, and because I am very satisfied with what I see on my screen in this version. Terry.

7 hours ago, John Dow said:

Hi Dave

As a confirmed P3D sceptic for a long time, I can only recommend that if you have the space on your computer, purchase P3DV4 and gradually move over.  I almost never fly in FSX any more even though I'm keeping it for the few aircraft that aren't working in P3d, but honestly the scenery distance limitations drives me crazy on most flights and I quickly come back to P3D. 

You won't regret it if you do.

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments.

Disc space or purchase price is not an issue for me switching to P3D4. However reprogramming all the software for my hardware setup is.

I have FSX tuned so it runs smoothly, no OOM errors and distance limitations are also not an issue with LOD_RADIUS increased and a weather program that sets atmospheric haze to realistic levels.

Regards Dave

8 minutes ago, teecee said:

I think that we will be seeing more and more of the scenerys only written only for later versions of our sims..I am sitting on Prepar3e V3.4, and have learned to look very carefully at just which systems scenery's are written for. I am staying with the earlier prepar3d as I have an older system, and because I am very satisfied with what I see on my screen in this version. Terry.

Hi Terry,

Yes, I'm sure you are correct, we must expect developers to want to use all the features of newer Sims. I am also satisfied with my current system for the time being.

Regards Dave

• 2 years later...
45 minutes ago, Ricthie said:

I too would like Tyabb Airfield for FSX. Please advise when it will be available

Unfortunately as the developer has stated above it won't be available for FSX.  I believe this relates to difficulties in making the scenery that was developed for P3D, backwards compatible to FSX.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ricthie said:

I too would like Tyabb Airfield for FSX. Please advise when it will be available

Hi mate,

JD is correct, there will be no FSX version, it has been very clear of my intention to not to do it.

Cheers,

Jordan

Archived