True Earth and seasons

maxter

Hi JV and team, been a while since I posted here, but I am a recent convert to the X-Plane world.

Just wondering with your collective enormous talent pool, is there some way that you can engineer multiple seasons in True Earth or is the requirements buried too deep in X-Plane for you guys to make it happen until Austin's team enable it to happen.

Anyhow great work as always, all the best for the New Year.

Cheers,

Chris

Each season would require a similar disk space usage, so you would need to quadruple the disk space you need.  Also, imagery from the suppliers is only taken in one season so any attempt to fudge other seasons on to the imagery would probably look exactly like that, a compromise.

Carefull with the hopes for XEnviro. They always had very promising elements...but their track record isn't really good.

My hope lies more on Laminar. I have my doubts on if a pure shader based approach is efficient, but with additions in the objects and file definitions it should work. But this would be something only Laminar could do.

Thanks all for your replies, cheers John, will keep a lookout for XEnviro next.

It's a bit of a bummer flying over the Kamchaka peninsula in X-Plane at this time of the year and not seeing a single snowflake.  Maybe one day.  It is a very good sim though and your UK regional packs are superb.

1 hour ago, maxter said:

Thanks all for your replies, cheers John, will keep a lookout for XEnviro next.

It's a bit of a bummer flying over the Kamchaka peninsula in X-Plane at this time of the year and not seeing a single snowflake.  Maybe one day.  It is a very good sim though and your UK regional packs are superb.

Hi. Not the greatest effects but certainly worth an install is the Winter Package. The download available in the link. The pic is flying over UHPP in the Kamchatka region. Works fine in XP 11 including v30 rc2. I wait for XEnviro and the dynamic snow because it will be much more realistic and work on Orthophoto scenery. This Winter Package works only on default scenery.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24997-winter_package/

jDHMw9Y.jpg

Archived