TrueEarth Northern Ireland / Ireland

Tezza

I know that the intention was to release these regions but I think I read somewhere that there was an issue with securing imagery or data so they couldn't be developed anytime soon. Is that the case? I couldn't find where I read it. The reason I ask is that I'm already using my own ortho scenery of Ireland but it doesn't compare with TE GB South and Central which I have bought. The Ireland I'm using needs colour correction and decent OSM data etc etc which is all very time consuming and a total waste of time if Orbx still intend to cover these regions at some stage. I'm really amazed at how Orbx have managed to create such detailed scenery in TE GB in such a short space of time using comparatively little disc space, brilliant.

It has been posted a few times now that we *are* doing Ireland and Northern Ireland. In fact, the Northern Ireland ortho imagery is on its way to us on a hard drive this week. We need it because a large chunk of NIR is actually going to be in TE GB North.

As for the Republic, our provider is nearly finished with flying the imagery zones with their aircraft and we are waiting on them to supply us. It could be March, it could be June  - we don't know. But as soon as it's available we will then make a product that includes the rest of Northern Ireland and Ireland in one TE region.

19 hours ago, John Venema said:

It has been posted a few times now that we *are* doing Ireland and Northern Ireland. In fact, the Northern Ireland ortho imagery is on its way to us on a hard drive this week. We need it because a large chunk of NIR is actually going to be in TE GB North.

John, will this happen to P3D version as well? 

All,

Really looking forward to this one as I live here. I believe a lot of the flying was done out of Weston (EIWT) which is about 10nm from my house and from where I learned to fly. 2019 is going to be a year to look forward to!!!!

John.

On 12/12/2018 at 3:42 PM, John Venema said:

As for the Republic, our provider is nearly finished with flying the imagery zones with their aircraft and we are waiting on them to supply us. It could be March, it could be June  - we don't know. But as soon as it's available we will then make a product that includes the rest of Northern Ireland and Ireland in one TE region.

Still flying an aircraft to get the imagery? The Autumnal/Winter ground textures will be interesting to convert to Summer time flying in XP. I am intrigued:)

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster.

Without getting political can I ask why TE Ireland will be divided up into Northern and the Republic, unlike in Britain where Wales is included. Secondly will Northern Ireland TE cost the same as Republic of Ireland TE? I thought this was quite silly in the classic orbx regions, as Northern Ireland is very small compared to Ireland or indeed England. Surely it would make sense for it to be cheaper or just included with the republic product.

Cheers and happy Christmas 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 3:07 PM, martinlest said:

Any further news on when N. & S. Ireland might be available? Just bought the 3 GB (as in 'Great Britain', not 'Gigabytes'!!) packs, so look forward to 'completing' things with the Ireland sceneries.

Thanks.

Same question here!  Also, any chance of Photoshopping out the building work going on at my house if I give you a Google location pin?  I'd hate for my garden to be forever immortalised as a scruffy building site!

I'm only half joking... :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Is trueearth ireland still on the radar or has it been shelved, its been over a year since the last mention. Have great fun flying from Belfast to the Mournes and back, but would love to have the rest of the island as good. 

Archived