TrueEarth GB NORTH! - First sneak peek ...

11 hours ago, vipgroup said:

I will second the call for Inverness. And when you are doing the Loch Ness area, please do a nice job on Fort Augustus with the rising locks of the Caledonian canal, the abbey, etc. My former home! (and a long way from where I am now in the prairie of Canada!).

- Kenneth

Okay - I've added the abbey and the locks to the potential POI list. Any other recommendations?

Hi Byron

Here are important landmarks (POI) in the Loch Ness region.

1. As stated, the lock gates rising along the Caledonian canal in Fort Augustus.

2. As stated, the former Abbey at Fort Augustus.. Now The Highland Club.

3. Urquhart castle near Drumnadrochit.

4. The power station on the east side of Loch Ness beside Foyers Falls.

5. Inverness Castle in the heart of the city.

6. The bridges across the river Ness in the city

7. The Inverness harbour

8. The Kessock Bridge

9. The Caledonian Stadium (football stadium)

10. Raigmore hospital

11. The oil rigs in the Cromarty Firth

12. Fort George at Ardersier

13. The railway viaduct at Culloden

Some of these already exist as models in ORBX Scotland so will hopefully be on your list already.

Hope this helps as a guide.

- Kenneth Kerr

On 12/9/2018 at 11:56 PM, John Venema said:

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the fruits of our labour with TEGB Central! I am looking forward to seeing your screenshots and watching your videos.

However, we have more work to do. In addition to SP1's for TE Netherlands, GB South and GB Central being worked on right now, we have already made good progress on TE GB North. We are hoping to license 10M elevation mesh to make the Scottish Highlands area just stunning to explore.

Here are a few cheeky shots that TonyW made for me a few days ago. Notice how the clarity of the ortho improves the further we go north? Obviously our data provider improved their QA as they progressed further north with their aircraft, and the results are impressive.

4-f9d27d37062dbc7d68e34f6b44283f3e.jpg

4-56b8b3b44df4a41d5e6f25c7b0ea2a90.jpg

4-699dcf5274d7c37d9c11b4ed2553d5f7.jpg

4-da091cbae063a0aa06f7d49005f62d61.jpg

4-eb816c6a5f7c147b7b33d408ec3e30c1.jpg

The last one is my current desktop wallpaper. Just to remind me we have more work to to ... :) 

How do i open these images ? John or anyone please ,i have tried clicking and other things cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, BobT said:

I am currently downloading TE GB Central now and have been greatly enjoying GB South for the last couple weeks. Most impressive are the very accurate forests and trees. Must be a lot of manual editing? Great work Tony and the Orbx team!

I have had both for a couple of weeks now and not impressed at all. I am getting the blurries and shimmers and lots of flat buildings. I don't think it is worth the money at all. I'll probably go back to Xplane scenery as it think it is much better.  No way will I buy any more orbx scenery.

1 hour ago, meganser said:

I have had both for a couple of weeks now and not impressed at all. I am getting the blurries and shimmers and lots of flat buildings. I don't think it is worth the money at all. I'll probably go back to Xplane scenery as it think it is much better.  No way will I buy any more orbx scenery.

I have responded to your post in the support forum. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Having worked on helicopters servicing oil and gas rigs for much of my life, are there any plans for including any North Sea oil rigs in the True Earth North scenery.

I am sure there are many sim pilot's that would love to fly out of Sumburgh and Aberdeen to the rigs, including myself. That would definitely make TEN a definite buy for me.

I am currently flying all over UK in my Bristow Trident 412, exploring True Earth Central and South. Great stuff.

Regards,

Dave Ed

Archived