TrueEarth GB NORTH! - First sneak peek ...

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying the fruits of our labour with TEGB Central! I am looking forward to seeing your screenshots and watching your videos.

However, we have more work to do. In addition to SP1's for TE Netherlands, GB South and GB Central being worked on right now, we have already made good progress on TE GB North. We are hoping to license 10M elevation mesh to make the Scottish Highlands area just stunning to explore.

Here are a few cheeky shots that TonyW made for me a few days ago. Notice how the clarity of the ortho improves the further we go north? Obviously our data provider improved their QA as they progressed further north with their aircraft, and the results are impressive.

4-f9d27d37062dbc7d68e34f6b44283f3e.jpg

4-56b8b3b44df4a41d5e6f25c7b0ea2a90.jpg

4-699dcf5274d7c37d9c11b4ed2553d5f7.jpg

4-da091cbae063a0aa06f7d49005f62d61.jpg

4-eb816c6a5f7c147b7b33d408ec3e30c1.jpg

The last one is my current desktop wallpaper. Just to remind me we have more work to to ... :) 

Terrific! Truly outstanding work here!

@John Venema Please let me know in case you need a beta tester running Linux. I did encounter various minor Linux-related problems with your products thus far (mostly related to case sensitivity) but also some bigger problems. E.g. I needed a Windows system to actually open the cross platform file for TEGB Central, which is totally odd.

Anyway, congrats to the whole team!

1 hour ago, Matthijs said:

Amazing work! Can’t wait to see other country’s and regions.

And of course still hoping/dreaming of an TE Netherlands XP solution. B)

We can release Holland (the northern half of the Netherland from Amsterdam to Groningen) relatively quickly. Not sure if people would be happy with that though. Perhaps a poll to see what interest there is?

I am currently downloading TE GB Central now and have been greatly enjoying GB South for the last couple weeks. Most impressive are the very accurate forests and trees. Must be a lot of manual editing? Great work Tony and the Orbx team!

4 hours ago, John Venema said:

We can release Holland (the northern half of the Netherland from Amsterdam to Groningen) relatively quickly. Not sure if people would be happy with that though. Perhaps a poll to see what interest there is?

Thanks! That would be absolutely amazing if this is possible, split it in parts/tiles like TE GB. Count me in! ;)

I hate to rain on the parade but I first noticed with 'South', moreso with 'Central' and, from what we sneakpeeked, definitely in "North'  - the photoscenery areas, not covered with autogen are showing up distractingly white.  Don't suppose there's a way to tone that down?

Yes there is olderndirt. I hate to rain on your parade, but you need to tone down your shader settings severely.

Based on your screenshots here:

You are using shader settings that completely oversaturate the ground imagery and I am hardly suprised that beige or chalk hills are turning white in you sim.

Try disabling your shaders mid-flight and you will see the original colour balance and tones of TE regions contains no white hills :)

Hi,

have you got a "rough" idea of the size TE North will be installed on the drive

Just trying to workout if I will be able to fit TE South, Central, North + Xplane on a 500gb M.2 drive

Thanks

PS Cracking job with TE Central John.

On 12/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, John Venema said:

I am looking forward to it although I live in the south west of the Netherlands.

Doe je best John!

Thanks to everyone who replied to the Shetlands inclusion, I missed the KMZ file :rolleyes:

OscarGrant

so are they moving away from p3d? I noticed that true earth central is only for xplane?

I believe they're working on the P3D versions of True Earth GB right now. :smile:

I bought Orbx TrueEarth South as soon as I saw it, (Just bought central as well, these are my first Orbx purchases) I was an X-plane 10 user and use X-plane 11 now. I read a quick review of TrueEarth Netherlands and in my haste and excitement, I rushed and bought that to, only to find it is for P3D (written in dark text at the base of the form) it was not helpful stating that if you buy an item by accident then be more careful next time.

I will second the call for Inverness. And when you are doing the Loch Ness area, please do a nice job on Fort Augustus with the rising locks of the Caledonian canal, the abbey, etc. My former home! (and a long way from where I am now in the prairie of Canada!).

- Kenneth

Archived