EGKA Shoreham locks X-Plane

NDRustyfan

Help EGKA Shoreham locks up my X-Plane at the start screen shown below, I am running Ver 11.26r2 of X-Plane, I have uninstalled a reinstalled the scenery and no mater what it still locks up my X-Plane, I have all your other Scenery's for X-Plane and they are all working just fine. I use XOrganizer and if 
I check the box to disable EGKA (BOTH) Directories I can start the sim.

image.png.5855995c08c2048d659ff62649a75024.png

image.thumb.png.d561562688d7411c5f8b12fd46cca847.png

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, which one of the 1172 lines in your log do you think is indicating that the problem is EGKA?

I don't know, that is why I am here asking. but if I disable EGKA in XOrganizer or not have it installed everything works fine. So I paid for a product that causes my Sim to not work.

I see this:

101 Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham/

102 Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads/

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Orbx_EGKA_A_Shoreham).

Fetching plugins for Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads/plugins

Loaded: Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads/plugins/GroundTraffic/64/win.xpl (Marginal.GroundTraffic.Orbx_EGKA_B_Shoreham_Roads).

I see numerous warnings for Drzewiecki Scenery but nothing about X Plane crashing.

WHat, is quite possibly, the culprit here, is groundtraffic.  when you get as many as you have, it starts to get crazy.  Couple that with the errors being generated by the KLAX_V2,  _GND_TRAFFIC_SF_BAY_BRIDGE, LSZH and you're  looking at a recipie for crashing.  The DD warnings are probably over autogate as It will do that if you have multiple airports with it running at once, not the end of the world.  First thing i'd do is pull the scenery generating  GROUND TRAFFIC  errors out and see what happens.  IF that doesn't fix it try disabling several of the sceneries that have GT installed and see if that helps.  I've had the sim get silly on me before where it jsut hung/crashed and doing a clean up of the GT files helped.

oh and just for the record, assuming that you didn't truncate your log, the fact that is just stops, and doesn't do the shutdown dialogs, is a decent indicator it crashed. not fool proof but decent

5 hours ago, Admiralty013 said:

WHat, is quite possibly, the culprit here, is groundtraffic.  when you get as many as you have, it starts to get crazy.  Couple that with the errors being generated by the KLAX_V2,  _GND_TRAFFIC_SF_BAY_BRIDGE, LSZH and you're  looking at a recipie for crashing.  The DD warnings are probably over autogate as It will do that if you have multiple airports with it running at once, not the end of the world.  First thing i'd do is pull the scenery generating  GROUND TRAFFIC  errors out and see what happens.  IF that doesn't fix it try disabling several of the sceneries that have GT installed and see if that helps.  I've had the sim get silly on me before where it jsut hung/crashed and doing a clean up of the GT files helped.

oh and just for the record, assuming that you didn't truncate your log, the fact that is just stops, and doesn't do the shutdown dialogs, is a decent indicator it crashed. not fool proof but decent

Okay, I disabled DD Warsaw City XP, GOLDEN_GATE+SOUTH_BAY_150_XP-10, and KLAX_v2 with 750 Animations, and still my sim locks up when I try to enable EGKA

16 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I have next to zero expertise with X-Plane and its scenery library, but here is what mine looks like and everything works fine. So maybe try with just the roads entry unchecked\disabled?

I actually tried that, the sim works when I have the just the roads entry checked, but not with just the EGKA_A entry checked.

I figured out a Temp Fix, by using XOrganizer, I have disabled all my other payware airports, the just enabled the UK airports I have and now it works. Hopefully in the future I can figure how to have more enabled at one time, but I fly mostly GA aircraft so it's not a big issue right now.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, NDRustyfan said:

I figured out a Temp Fix, by using XOrganizer, I have disabled all my other payware airports, the just enabled the UK airports I have and now it works. Hopefully in the future I can figure how to have more enabled at one time, but I fly mostly GA aircraft so it's not a big issue right now.

I would try putting your airports back in one at a time. see if its one in particular thats causing the issue. You should not have to remove a bunch of things to get one working. my scenery load list is nearly 400 items long now, and I've never run into the issue.

11 minutes ago, Admiralty013 said:

I would try putting your airports back in one at a time. see if its one in particular thats causing the issue. You should not have to remove a bunch of things to get one working. my scenery load list is nearly 400 items long now, and I've never run into the issue.

I was doing that, I did find out other airports were causing the same lockups, and would cause issues with some of my aircraft when I had too many airports enabled ,then I figured out how to just enable certain areas with saved sets in XOrganizer and things were normal, XOrganizer is such a great program, kudos to the author, it has helped me understand scenery order in X-Plane. And like I said before I fly mostly GA aircraft, so just having certain areas enabled at on time is not a problem, and if I do decide to do long halls,  I can just enable areas I am going to fly through.

Archived